• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Legal guidance

Not sure where to put this but i was looking for someone to try and help out a fellow Army veteran with some legal guidance. He is my brother with without getting into much detail needs divorce and child custody/support help.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I am no lawyer but I have two brothers who went through divorce; one who was in the Army at the time and my other went through two divorces. It maybe hard for him but I would suggest him to get a lawyer because I believe it could get messy mainly without one. Again knowing nothing of the situation or anything I do think that might be best. Also I also suggest be careful of what he/you/anyone post publicly about the situation

Yeah thabks i know thats the route he needs to go, we know about no posting on social media but apparently she doesnt..one problem is she took the kids to florida, is trying to change their names to her boyfriends and more..we have access to a law group that helps veterans but earliest they can get him in is late april into may

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What State are we talking about and what's the custody arrangements? My niece wasn't allowed to leave the State with her kid....joint custody. She's stuck in Maine.

Agree, get a lawyer.

Yes she decided to go to florida with her boyfriend and took 2 out of the 3 kids she has with her, the one that belongs to someone other than my brother she decided to leave in NJ. She has been down there since i think october

First off Im no lawyer. But I have paid plenty to them. Thats not good on him. He should have filed a petition with the court as soon as she took the kids out of state. It is going to look bad on him for waiting until now. My wife is going through custody battle for the 3rd time right now with her daughter. Tell him to get ready to shell out thousands of dollars in attorney fees.