• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lesions on pink streaked wrasse

I have several pink streaked wrasses in QT. Have been prophylactically treating with Copper Power (above 2.0) for the past month. Also have UV on the tank but haven’t administered any other meds. They’ve looked healthy and were eating all throughout that time.

I was going to get them out of QT soon and noticed these whitish lesions today on one of them. Looks like they’re slightly raised and may follow the contours of the scales.

Any idea what could be going on here and what treatment is necessary? I’m also wondering what I need to do for the other guys that are in QT with him. @Humblefish

1627153921855.png

They seem raised, and maybe the scales are raised slightly too. Not necessarily peeling at this time. Hard to see though. I'm just surprised that anything would pop up now. It doesn't look like anything I could easily identify. Didn't know if it was Brooklynella, but there's been nothing introduced in the last 30 days. And it doesn't look exactly like Brook either...

They seem raised, and maybe the scales are raised slightly too. Not necessarily peeling at this time. Hard to see though. I'm just surprised that anything would pop up now. It doesn't look like anything I could easily identify. Didn't know if it was Brooklynella, but there's been nothing introduced in the last 30 days. And it doesn't look exactly like Brook either...
I thought you shouldnt run UV with copper bc UV will turn it deadly

I dunno… always done it that way. When I didn’t run UV in the past I would eventually get cloudy water or some sort of bacterial bloom over time. Haven’t had any issues since I started running UV and I’ve run all my fish through Copper Power before going into the DT.

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Since it's already been a month, I would go ahead & lower the copper down to zero. Perhaps the copper is messing with the fish's scales.

A 30 minute Methylene Blue bath might help here: Methylene Blue – Marine Fish Diseases and Treatment