• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LFS in NJ

Here's a brief list I found. Are these store open?

New LFS in Hamilton
LFS: Shark Aquarium - Hillside, NJ
LFS: Pet Shanty - Scotch Plains, NJ
LFS: Aquarium Center, Clementon NJ
LFS: Aquarium Authority, Marlton NJ
LFS: Aquarium Discount Pet Center, Marlton NJ
LFS: Rainbow Aquarium in Wayne, NJ
LFS: Absolutely Fish - Clifton, NJ
LFS: Kazimir's Pet Shop - Hackensack, NJ
LFS: Reef Encounter - Hackensack, NJ

This list should be here also. So here it is.

I would also add Route 4 Aquarium in Elmwood Park.
PetGoods in Paramus.

I know Pet Shaty and Absolute are open because I live very close to pet shanty but don't go to it much and I went to Absolute fish today and bought a clam and went up the road away to Animal House in Butler.Absolute is big bucks.I go to Ocean Gallerary2 and Reef inc. and Underwater World mostlly.

You might try looking into :

1) Hanover Pets on Route 10 in East Hanover. Their name is misleading because they only have fish stuff. Theres a large sw selection. (They also go by another name but I can't remember it)

2) Ely's Tropial Fish Store in Florham Park on Columbia Turnpike. Its a beat up old house that's been around forever.

****WARNING:*** Don't trust my opinion too much. I've only been doing this for 8 days with about 2 months pre-setup worth of visiting other stores in the area.

Underwater World is in Roselle and Reef Inc and Ocean Galarey 2 are down the road from Pet Shanty,OG2 is in Plainfield on the east bound 22 and a little farther down the road in Greenbrook is Reef Inc which is on the west bound side of route 22.

god if Ely's is bad, they dont have to much selection in salt water and they dont keep their fishtanks in good condition, a friend of mine took me there and damn if that place is horrible

Blue Tbird
It's the next town over and I'm like 10 min away from Cranford.It's a small place but he keeps his stuff real nice! not cheap and you should try and get out to Reefs inc.All high end stuff .He's closed on Mondays and you mite as well look at Ocean Gallary 2,He's a little more reasonable.Maybe once your down here I'd meet you at one of the places.Thats a trip for you.Hope you have a job that you don't go to the office much!

Tell you the truth, its not a bad ride. Straight down the parkway. looks like against the traffic. I'm thinking 40 minutes. We should hook up once I'm down there.