• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Little help identifying these guys

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
You got a 2 parter there. They secure their butts down onto a surface and, when threatened, they drop it off, like a lizards tail.
That bit on the left is his disconnected arse.
They're pretty cool as cleaners, they're nocturnal, and are just pretty interesting. They climb to the top of the rocks during a full moon and spawn, looks like little volcanoes going off in the tank. No, I'm not joking.

You got a 2 parter there. They secure their butts down onto a surface and, when threatened, they drop it off, like a lizards tail.
That bit on the left is his disconnected arse.
They're pretty cool as cleaners, they're nocturnal, and are just pretty interesting. They climb to the top of the rocks during a full moon and spawn, looks like little volcanoes going off in the tank. No, I'm not joking.
Insanely cool. I will look it up and read all about it. Thanks everyone for the great input. It’s amazing the amount and type of crazy life forms that make it into our tank. I’ll never get tired of it.