• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Live Rock Group Buy Pics

This is only half of what I got.  I pulled it to scrub it today and change out the water in the tub (GOD was there some nasty junk in the bottom of that tub!), so, I figured I would snap some shots while I was at it.

I'm getting ready to do the second tub now, shots of those to come.

There were way too many to post links here, so I dropped them in my photo gallery:

http://www.kemmcosolutions.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3852

Enjoy!

Anybody have any idea what any of this stuff is, er, uh, was?

dsc_4820_2.jpg

dsc_4830_2.jpg

dsc_4830_3.jpg

dsc_4841_2.jpg

ROFL! Actually, the smell is all but gone now. You can only detect a SLIGHT hint of it when I pull the rocks out of water, but you gotta get your nose near it.

The first couple of days smelled like the ocean died in my dining room. I think the scrubbing will help as well. I can't even describe the GUNK that I dumped out when I was done.

I actually filled a third tub with water and pulled each piece out one at a time, scrubbed it in the third tub, then emptied the tub it was in, cleaned it out, refilled it, and put the rock back in the original tub it was in. Crystal clear water now, and no stinky!

Hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be ready to go in my tank.

eholceker

NJRC Member
i got the water water crystal clear but I would strongly advise against going down to play with your rock after a night out of drinking. I think my hangover got intensified by about 1,000.! :eek:

Eric: LOL! I'm glad I quit drinking a long time ago!

Rev: Good question! I have NO IDEA! LOL! I wasn't paying much attention when they picked my rock. John got his, and I just told them to "mix it up". Guess I should have paid a bit more attention! I know I got some from all 3 boxes, just don't know which is which.

How is your rock doing?

Haven't heard from salty either on his rock. Mushrooms are doing great John!

Eric has it, he's curing it for me. I would be homeless if I tried at home right now.
Wife be buggin sometimes. I can't wait to add it to my tank, of course she won't
be home that day, HA! By the time she catches on to the new rock, it will be in
the tank. From the looks of yours, it's going to improve my tank a lot. I won't
need anymore rock till I get a house. and a new tank, looking to get a 180.

CAN'T WAIT!

Edwin