• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Liveaquaria

Placed an ordered with LiveAquaria over the weekend. It's not scheduled to ship out from their warehouse until tomorrow, for Wednesday.

Late night drinking and coral ordering = impulse buys and mistakes.. mistook this coral for some sort of yellow devil's hand, because that's what it looks like! But it's actually an SPS..

lg_77575_Porites_Coral_Yellow_1.jpg

My fault of course, didn't read it, but I recently got on a softie high, trying to find some unique colors or shapes of leathers and toadstools for the tank.

So I email and call customer service and they tell me due to their new policy, they will not alter or cancel any order after its been placed. Despite the fact that I told them I cannot keep SPS corals. They told me the policy was firm, feel free to let it die, and file a DOA claim afterwards. Sure that's their policy, and I should respect that, but hearing another person, not a robot, say the words, oh well, when it dies, send in a photo and file the claim of DOA.. this is a living being.. Just didn't sit well with me.

In my book, that's a messed up way to operate a business.. Just thought I'd share my experience,
haven't ordered from LA for over 2 years, thought I'd try again, but I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back..

With that said, anybody know a vendor some cool leathers/toadstools/sinularias?

This is a weeping willow, got away from me, but it was beautiful.

65199ab81603fa7b3472bf3f8cfdcc3a.jpg

These are some of my own.
20201026_150902.jpg

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
If you were closer could have traded some small leathers and green nepthea for it.
Its a very nice looking coral.

If you were closer could have traded some small leathers and green nepthea for it.
Its a very nice looking coral.

Thanks, I was lucky enough for a local reefer taking it from me. Otherwise, I'd be stuck with a dead coral, file a DOA claim to get store credit, which would sit in the account for a year till it expired, because I don't know if I can still shop with them.

Can you imagine, googling the fastest way to kill a coral to not let the DOA guarantee expire.. smh.

I‘m sure that coral will end up living a nice long life in its new home.

That said, the absolute best part of this thread is the “late night drinking and coral ordering” part. Classic!

Guilty as charged here as well. “Did I really order these fish? Seems vaguely familiar...” :very_drunk:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I was sipping on bourbon two years ago during a live auction, over the hours I got slowly shattered and dropped an order for $400+ worth of coral.
Even after the box showed up the next day I had only a vague idea of what was going on.
Haven't drank while watching coral auctions since.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Yellow porites. One of the first sps I ever kept and probablly the only true yellow stony coral. If you ever wanted to get into hard coral its one of the easier types. Even sheds like a leather too.