• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

livestock question

ive had an animal in my tank that i'm afraid is some hydrozoa or something else bad. I've been doing some research since I've had the problem before a few years back but the animal was a different color then. If you have any feedback or information please inform. green animal in the center of the photo

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-05 at 00.23.21.jpg

No joke I had a single one of these looking things under my rock flower one day a few weeks ago. Never saw it before or again. It had almost a light brown stalk

ok thank you. as i said a few years ago i had a similar animal but couldn't remember the name. that rock was small enough where i was able to take it out and boil it. it solved the problem. unfortunately, I don't have the ability to take this one out.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Never boil rocks

THIS THIS THIS....... I had a customer a long time ago that read online to "cook live rock". He took that as boiling the rock on his stove and dam near killed himself, wife, kid and dog. He was actually on the news of this if I remember right.

Moral of the story never boil rock :)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yep, I had heard about a couple stories of people cooking their rock on a stove....DON"T EVEN DO IT!

Marc Levenson shows you how to properly and safely "cook" your rock in this video: