• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Look, a Gem Tang is on sale.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yup that is for real. No typos there. They are the rarest/most expensive tang out there.

that sounds like a mortgage payment to me... but some people want most what others can't have... the rarer/more expensive.. the more they seem to want it... like the black tang.... just a black fish that can be upwards of $800... i say to each their own.... i'd rather have a sailfin tang, and another tank set up.... some people are nuts, but i suppose that in the end they perform a service to this hobby that i simply can't afford to do.

definitely don't understand how a fish could cost 3k.

i would go to the area where they are captured, scooba dive, and say i caught my own gem tang. and cost probably less than 3k!

Everytime I see a fish being sold for an extremely high price, I have to wonder if the store is really trying to sell it, or do they just want the exposure for having a fish that expensive?

Sure there are people that might buy the fish on a "money is no object" basis, but unless your system is being viewed by other very experienced reef people, most people will never know the difference between a Gem tang and a yellow tang. The might even like the yellow tang better jusy because it shows up across the room.

For that price:

1. Ship it my a**. Somebody better be gettin' on a plane and hand delivering that sucker to me.
2. Life Insurance. A fish THAT expensive needs to qualify for a term life policy. When that puppy dies, it ain't goin in the toilet, it's getting a funeral.

chaoscat said:
For that price:

1. Ship it my a**. Somebody better be gettin' on a plane and hand delivering that sucker to me.
2. Life Insurance. A fish THAT expensive needs to qualify for a term life policy. When that puppy dies, it ain't goin in the toilet, it's getting a funeral.

that right there is hilarious! it should definitely have a warranty option on it with no loop holes!