• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for a reactor (Shore area)

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Need a tube type reactor for an experiment.
Was going to pick up a Phosban 150 on ebay for $40 or so but wanted to see if anyone has one laying around.
Willing to drop a few bucks or trade.
Lemme know.
Mark
(201) 467-1771

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Tigs,

Thanks man, but it won't work. I'm looking for a single tube, clear plastic, to try to build an algae scrubber reactor.
Appreciate the offer though.

M

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hubcap,

Thanks for the link. I did have a member reach out to me and picked up a reactor this weekend in trade for a nice frag.
Appreciate the help. It stuff like this that makes this place IMHO.

radiata

NJRC Member
Mark,

I've got a reactor that is going to make somebody a great DIY chaeto chamber. I've used it in the past for carbon and for bio-pellets. The cylinder wall is clear acrylic. It might be too big for you. The diameter is about 6.5 inches and the tube height is about 13 inches. If my math is right, it is about 1.86 gallons. It came from Avast, but I no longer see it in their catalog. Let me know if you have any interest...

Bob

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Bob, thanks much.
I'm going to take the reactor I have now and experiment a bit. If it works out, I'll definitely be interested in another one (for the tank to be bought next weekend).
I plan on having the wife hypnotized so she will believe the new tank has been there all along.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mark,

I've got a reactor that is going to make somebody a great DIY chaeto chamber. I've used it in the past for carbon and for bio-pellets. The cylinder wall is clear acrylic. It might be too big for you. The diameter is about 6.5 inches and the tube height is about 13 inches. If my math is right, it is about 1.86 gallons. It came from Avast, but I no longer see it in their catalog. Let me know if you have any interest...

Bob

Bob

Mark bought NextReef MR1 from mnat. I was looking for a MR1 also but I maybe interested in a different brand. AvasT has three models: MR5, MR10 and MR15. How much are you selling yours for, does it leak, and can you post a photo please? Thanks so much!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Bob

Mark bought NextReef MR1 from mnat. I was looking for a MR1 also but I maybe interested in a different brand. AvasT has three models: MR5, MR10 and MR15. How much are you selling yours for, does it leak, and can you post a photo please? Thanks so much!

Didn't buy an MR1 from Mike. We traded a reactor for a frag of equal value.
Mike also responded to you that he had a second.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Oh, no idea. Unsure if the idea I have will work. If it doesn't (which I wont know for a few weeks) and Bob's reactor isn't suitable for you, drop me a line, we can trade. If my eperiment does work, and you're not interested in Bob's, I'll drop a line to him. All groovie. Thanks for the info :)

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@radiata I just noticed you aren't in Monmouth County or Shore Area. That reactor maybe expensive to mail due to size???