• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for quick input on Coral

Question for everybody, I just acquired several Scolys and Gonipora as well as a jawbreaker from a tank crash. I noticed brown jelly on a torch Coral in that tank which I left. Should I dip these corals before trying to rescue them or leave them since they are already stressed? If I dip, the only solution I have is the hydrogen peroxide method for brown jelly disease. I do not see any of it on these corals, but I did see some of it attached to a torch Coral in that tank. Thoughts
 

Haus

NJRC Member
I would QT and not dip if that’s an option. do You know what caused the tank crash?
 
My buddy has a 400 gallon and a 20 gallon at his place of employment that he takes care of. Someone thought they would help him during the holidays and dumped all the food meant for the 400 gallon in the 20 gallon. Needless to say they fuc!!ed up tank crashed and killed just about everything.

So far all are doing well. I did not dip due to stress. Gave them several clean saltwater baths before putting in tank


 

Attachments

  • IMG_4774.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4775.jpeg
    IMG_4775.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4777.png
    IMG_4777.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4780.png
    IMG_4780.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4779.png
    IMG_4779.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4778.png
    IMG_4778.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 8
Quarantine if possible, if not then give a bit 2-3 days and watch very closely, I would recommend dipping in a few days just to get anything off the coral, I do it randomly on any of my corals idk once a year and it’s crazy how much junk comes out, it stresses them for a day but then they recover quickly
 

john90009

NJRC Member
Move it up really high with light and the eyes get neon green and open up to orange when the tentacles come out. Loved that coral but def grew too fast.
 
So far so good they look fluffy. Looks like I’m gonna lose one of them though. I just fed them reef Roids
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4796.jpeg
    IMG_4796.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4797.jpeg
    IMG_4797.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Maybe dip with lugols/ iodine. Place in holding tank if you have one. Then after a week or so dip in coral dip or hydrogen peroxide (check amounts and time for different corals). Add back to holding tank, but with fresh batch of water. Give a week or two then add to main display
 
Top