• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking For Zoa, Acros and Monti frags for cheap or free. (Tank Crash Story)

Hello All, About 2 months I went on vacation. When I came back 75% of my tank was gone. After talking to a few of my neighbors, the power went out throughout the neighborhood. My dosing pump reset when the power came back on. Im still confused on why it reset when the powers went out before or me unplugging it never reseting. I came back heartbroken, all the money and time down the drain. Yes, i should’ve had a backup of some sort but i never thought of the worst.

The past few months ive been working hard to get everything back to normal. I bought an apex, started a refugium, and did dozens of water changes. Ive been slowly getting corals again and seeing if anyone has cheap or free acros, zoa, or monti so i can slowly work my way in again.

Im located in NE Philly 19114, but willing to meet depending on location

Heres Some Pics of my tank a few months before the crash:
39E16464-969F-4D2E-93CA-6EB0EFDA92C9.jpeg

All the dead acros, monti, acan, etc:
(In the bottom pic, 75% of the coral was lost, not all thats there. some is from just other mishaps)
AA9F23B5-779D-4F31-9B25-B68FD6FF73A8.jpeg2865FDF3-A420-4714-AD6E-5AD8423D335C.jpeg

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Wow! Really sorry....looks like it you must have a large tank due to the amount of dead corals.

Wow! Really sorry....looks like it you must have a large tank due to the amount of dead corals.
Its a 90g, but i had it jam packed full of coral, from high end zoa GMK, to high end acro WD and pinky the bear and a full anacro colony. I had so much, but im ready to restart… sadly

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I saw on R2R that in March you posted you had a crash. You also posted this month that your NO3 is 60-80. That is very high and you need to get that under control

I think
I saw on R2R that in March you posted you had a crash. You also posted this month that your NO3 is 60-80. That is very high and you need to get that under control
I think it was the test kit, i did several water changes and kept testing and theres been no change. I bought a new test kit and it tested around 15. All my softies and lps especially acros i have now are doing great. just not getting full polyp extension, which i dont know why

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I think

I think it was the test kit, i did several water changes and kept testing and theres been no change. I bought a new test kit and it tested around 15. All my softies and lps especially acros i have now are doing great. just not getting full polyp extension, which i dont know why
90% of my tank is SPS. I have a SC Orange Passion that doesn't give me a full extension. I have had it over a year. Sometimes they just need time to settle in to ones water chemistry and lighting

Hay I know the feeling!! I have some
red Digi
Anacropora
Purple monti cap for you if you come down north..
I would get you some more but yesterday a new buddy took almost everything I had to give!!!

90% of my tank is SPS. I have a SC Orange Passion that doesn't give me a full extension. I have had it over a year. Sometimes they just need time to settle in to ones water chemistry and lighting
okay, its a pink lemonade and ive had it for about a month. it has great color and no bleaching just the polyps dont really open

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
What are the following

Alk
Cal
Mg
No3
P4

Are there any other SPS in the tank? If yes, how are the color and poly extensions? Is the Pink Lemonade getting hit with too much flow? My avatar happens to be my pink lemonade.

You can’t try to correct chemicals or light for just one coral. In some cases you could move one to help it.

Photo of your tank would help

What are the following

Alk
Cal
Mg
No3
P4

Are there any other SPS in the tank? If yes, how are the color and poly extensions? Is the Pink Lemonade getting hit with too much flow? My avatar happens to be my pink lemonade.

You can’t try to correct chemicals or light for just one coral. In some cases you could move one to help it.

Photo of your tank would help
Alk- 11
Cal- 400
Mag- 1320
No3- 15ppm

I have a birdsnest that is as healthy as can be, polyps always out and growing, i have some monti which look good.

i can get some pics later when im home