• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking to borrow a 48" T5 fixture for a short time.

My 4 bulb t5 fixture broke. Does anyone have a 2 or 4 bulb T5 fixture I could use for a short while while I decide on (and save up for) its replacement? I live in Jackson.

radiata

NJRC Member
I have a 2-bulb 48" T5 you're welcome to for free. But, I'm in 07039, and rarely head south these days.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This is what tidal garden use to grow corals in their coral farm.
I don’t know what your budget is but this works especially if you already have bulbs.
They are water proof

VIVOSUN 6500K 4FT T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture for Indoor Plants, UL Listed High Output Fluorescent Tubes, 6 Lamps Amazon.com

This is what tidal garden use to grow corals in their coral farm.
I don’t know what your budget is but this works especially if you already have bulbs.
They are water proof

VIVOSUN 6500K 4FT T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture for Indoor Plants, UL Listed High Output Fluorescent Tubes, 6 Lamps Amazon.com
And how much does that system cost

I just got some 4' used Current Marine Orbit pro LED strips. Since I have vertical walls in rockwork with cavities, I need my light source spread out like the t5s or strip lights as they leave fewer shadows and bounce off the glass well. That is why I didn't go with a black box or puck style lights. I just set up them up with an old 3' current marine light between the 2 as shown in the picture. The mounting Arms don't work with the frame on my aquarium. I plan to also hang the lights from the cross pieces as either an emergency backup to insure the lights can't accidentally fall into the tank or possibly to lift them up and support them alone. Note each side uses 3 anchors so I should avoid recent problems. I would however like to replace the 3' light with a dual t5 fixture if I can find one about 5" wide or lessIMG_1770.JPGIMG_1757.JPG.
Paulie, Wilson, and MadReefer, thanks for the offers.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You can take the sense off each led black light to get better coverage. Light won't be so narrowed focus.