• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

looking to buying a house need mortgage advice

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
hey guys, im looking into buying a house in the west milford area been looking at getting a mortgage only did a pre approval with bank of america and their rates are crazy, i was told to do a FHA loan since i dont have 20% down payment.
but since my credit score is 790+ found out best route is to get a conventional loan which only requires 3-5% down not 100% sure if this info is correct but the house value is 270,000 and BOA told me 4.6 APR
any one know whos the best lender or a reliable mortgage broker who wont charge me my fish tank haha

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
4.6 APR is WAY high right now. Market rate atm is 2.75, we just started our refinance yesterday.
With a 790, you should be golden with whatever amount you need to borrow.
If you're a Vet, go to the VA, they do 100% mortgage with $0 down.
I'm going to be talking to my mortgage guy today, we've been with him for 10years and he knows his er, stuff.
I'll ask him about options and the best banks to hit up in your situation.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
4.6 APR is WAY high right now. Market rate atm is 2.75, we just started our refinance yesterday.
With a 790, you should be golden with whatever amount you need to borrow.
If you're a Vet, go to the VA, they do 100% mortgage with $0 down.
I'm going to be talking to my mortgage guy today, we've been with him for 10years and he knows his er, stuff.
I'll ask him about options and the best banks to hit up in your situation.
id really appreciate that yah i thought it was way too high after doing some googling

Good luck! I worked with a great mortgage adviser I’d recommend to anyone. DM’d you the info.

hey guys, im looking into buying a house in the west milford area been looking at getting a mortgage only did a pre approval with bank of america and their rates are crazy, i was told to do a FHA loan since i dont have 20% down payment.
but since my credit score is 790+ found out best route is to get a conventional loan which only requires 3-5% down not 100% sure if this info is correct but the house value is 270,000 and BOA told me 4.6 APR
any one know whos the best lender or a reliable mortgage broker who wont charge me my fish tank haha
PM Sent

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I am a realtor . I can definitely help you buy a home. Pm

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I agree 4.6 is way too high for having that kind of credit score. Go with the conventional loan and pay the PMI. The PMI will go away once you’ve put 20% equity into the home.