• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking to join a club

Hi everyone, looking to join a club but don't know which one. Either this club or DVRC, is this for people in NJ only? I am in PA(Philly). I went to the feb meeting in Cherry Hill and everyone seems very nice. Is it also required to attend all or a certain number of meeting? Thanks, Vincent.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi Vincent!

Great to hear you're thinking of joining the ranks here @ NJRC!

You don't have to live in NJ or attend a certain amount of meetings. You can certainly go to whichever meetings are easiest for you to attend. We rotate the meetings around the state, so every 3 months there will be one in the southern part of the state.

Welcome to NJRC! :)

Edit: Mike beat me to it, but I felt like posting anyway!

This club is for anyone in the NJ/NY/PA area ... we have a few NY and PA members. Not required to join any meetings but they're nice to attened every once in a while when you have the time.

Good luck making a decision and Welcome to the site. You're also welcome to share info and ask questions even if you don't join.

Edit: Mike beat me to it, but I felt like posting anyway!

ditto

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
vincent6396 said:
Hi everyone, looking to join a club but don't know which one. Either this club or DVRC, is this for people in NJ only? I am in PA(Philly). I went to the feb meeting in Cherry Hill and everyone seems very nice. Is it also required to attend all or a certain number of meeting? Thanks, Vincent.
Welcome to NJRC! Anyone can become a member and meetings aren't mandatory. Every 3rd meeting will be in the southern part of the state. If the you can attend you'll meet alot of great people with a passion for the hobby but I guess you know that. :D

Bob

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No need to join just one ;) You could join both and attend which ever meetings make the most sense for you. We have a lot of members in common with DVRC as well as other area clubs. The meetings are always a good time, and hopefully a bit educational for all of us! May is the next meeting down in the Cherry Hill area.

Sorry, forgot my manners HAPPY EASTER everyone, you guys and gals are all so nice. Guess I will join this club first. Will be making payment soon. Thanks all.

Of course, it's customary to give frags to anyone that welcomes you...sort of an unwritten rule... lol

Just kiddin...

Welcome :D You'll find a NJRC to be a good great club, full of lots of info, good people and you won't need an asbestos suit to post. That's what I really like about it here...

Everyone's easy goin...

malulu

NJRC Member
Hey, Vincent,

it's been 1 hour and 34 mins past, are you a member yet?
;)

do bring your family to the meetings...
:D

vincent6396 said:
Sorry, forgot my manners HAPPY EASTER everyone, you guys and gals are all so nice. Guess I will join this club first. Will be making payment soon. Thanks all.

Yes I signed up and made the payment. Looking forward to meeting more members and going to as many meetings as I can. David, the frogspawn and mushroom I got from you is doing great and there's 2 more heads now making the total 9. Thanks again.

malulu

NJRC Member
Vincent,

welcome aboard... once i got my system stabilize again, i will give you some frags...
;)

vincent6396 said:

welcome!!!! Glad to have you aboard!

sorry I don't know too much about corals yet, but what is the orange/reddish one you have? Is that an anemone? I need something that color for my tank to give a variety to my green torch and brownish/green frogspawn.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's a rose bubble tip anemone. I would hold off on that if your tank is under 6mo. Nice red/orages can be had with monti caps, lobos, and digi. Those are all very easy to care for and would bring in the color you're looking for (but not the flowing part). If you're looking for something soft in that color range you might go with a leather or something similar (though you won't get a color that deep/bright with most leathers).

malulu

NJRC Member
Vincent,

just got a chance to see your tank, this is great, see you got a lots of stuff already... just keep it up (i mean buying more...) ;)
soon enough, am sure your tank will be in excellent condition and very colorful.

:D