• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking to plan a trip to Atlantis Marine World in LongIsland

Who: NJRC + Friends
What: Atlantis Marine World Aquarium Trip
Where: Long Island, New York
When: Saturday November 8th 9:30am-6:00pm
Why: Just for fun
How: Charterbus, Van, or Seperate Cars.

The trip there is about 2 hours and I'd like to Charter a bus if we can.
I'm thinking we'll leave Woodbridge, New Jersey (Central pickup location) at 9:30 am and arrive at AMW at 11:30 am. Leave AMW at 4:00 pm arrive in Woodbridge at 6:00 pm.

The charter bus is between $1600-$2000 (between 4 different companies) depending on the times we leave and come back.

Depending on how many people we get:

50 ppl: $32-$40 per person
40 ppl: $40-$50 per person
30 ppl: $54-$67 per person
Less than 30 we wouldn't take the charterbus.

This doesn't include the ticket to the Aquarium which is:

Children 2 & under : Free
Children 3 – 17 : $18.00 plus tax
Adults 18 – 61 : $21.00 plus tax
Seniors 62 & over : $18.00 plus tax

The total trip could cost anywhere (for the age of 18-61) between $53-$88.

I know this is a large price range but there is no way of telling exact prices before you know how many people want to go.

Worse case senario we can rent a van or two and go in a smaller group or just meet there.

Is anyone interested in going? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Atlantis in Riverhead? That is the next town over from where I used to live. The aquarium is awesome but it is pretty small. There are some other things in that area also, like the Tanger Outlet Mall is huge and is only 15 minutes from there. Just letting you know, any questions feel free to ask, I have been there a lot of times on "official Coast Guard business" lol

jsantoli said:
Atlantis in Riverhead? That is the next town over from where I used to live. The aquarium is awesome but it is pretty small. There are some other things in that area also, like the Tanger Outlet Mall is huge and is only 15 minutes from there. Just letting you know, any questions feel free to ask, I have been there a lot of times on "official Coast Guard business" lol

I just heard that the reef system in Atalantis blows away the reef at the Georgia Aquarium. I'm really interested in seeing it. It would probably be smarter to just get a small group instead of a charter bus but smarter isn't always funner.(and yes i know that "funner" is not a real word.)

Mike if you shoot me your email I can send you 2 or 3 pics of the reef there if you want i took with my phone this summer. You're right it is gorgeous. One of my friends from the Coast Guard does volunteer work there and gets free frags off of the stuff they have