• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Loosing weight...friendly competition anyone?

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK...so after seeing my photos in the beach cleanup I have decided that I must loose weight... :(

As of today I will try to control my mouth and start a daily exercise routine but I need an incentive so what is better than sharing it with my friends here???

Nothing better than having your friends ridicule you when you fail... ;D

In any case...I will weigh myself today and try to post daily updates, feel free to make fun of me or to praise from time to time...it may be the only thing that will make it work for me! Anyone else cares to join in? Nothing better than a little friendly competition to make it happen!

Here's to a healthier near future!

Rod

Hi Rod,

I had a bulging mid-section to address. I took the special K challenge and made some simple changes to my diet. I cut all sweets, sodas, juices and midnight snacks. Also, I ride my bicycle everynight from about 6 miles and then I walk the dogs for about a mile. So far I have lost 5 lbs and about 1" off my waist in 2.5 weeks.

Here is my routine.

Special K in the AM - 8:00 AM
Yogurt or fruit - 10:00 AM
Special K for Lunch - Noon
Fruit or special K snack bar
Regular dinner. (Mostly Chicken breast and fish)
I drink about a gallon of water a day.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the replies guys! I got my weight this morning...249lb!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I will weigh myself in the morning around the same time everyday...

No sweets, so soda, no food after 5:30pm...healthier choices when possible, smaller portions...and 30 minutes of rope every day...this is tough since I manage a club with a 4 diamond Chef and I taste wines at least 3 times a week torture!!!

Rod

I would definitely recommend bike riding, feels so much more rewarding than walking or running! I also was a slob all winter, Ive switched to salads for lunch lately, also portion control is a big problem for me, so working on that as well. No soda, or chips in the house, only a little chocolate for after meals (like a cigarette for me) I dont think wine is so detrimental either, a glass a day is good for you dont forget! Also Ive been reading that condiments are an easy way to pack on calories, ketchup is mostly sugar. I dont think I could live on the Special K diet though, I need some real food in me! I complain alot because its so tough to eat right easily around here, fast food and pizza all over the place!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rod I'm right there with you :-\. I have been overweight most of my life but never this bad. I am actually not comfortable any more. I was doing great on weight watchers about 3 years ago until I got sick and had to spend a weekend in the hospital. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to stick with it (like I was) since then. I think about it every day. I am starting to feel embarrassed and now that have adopted my four kids, I have a responsibility to myself to loose the weight and be there for my family's future. If I do not do this soon, god only knows if I will be there for them. It is scary to think about so I would much rather loose the weight to give myself better odds ;D

Good luck with your weight loss dude, I'll be joining you very shortly.

PS. Do not weigh yourself daily, Weight watchers recommends once a week because you will fluctuate up and down during the week and it discourages many people who then give up more easily

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks everyone!

Taz feel free to join in! We can do weekly follow-ups and keep each other motivated!!!

Insanity is insane and I know I will find every excuse in the world to miss it, just like the gym...I am looking for small changes that I can stick to and improve from there, I will not give this up!

My first day was OK but not a success per say, we had a huge 5 course wine dinner and I ate and drank... :(, the good news is that other than that I didn't eat anything other than a lite lunch and I was doen with dinner at 7:00pm and didn't go to sleep untill 1:00am so I had propoer digestion time and didn't go to sleep on a full stomach. No other events planned for the week other than the BBQ at Icecap this weekend...

Rod

Good luck to anyone trying to loose a few. Im also trying to get more fit myself. Really miss stuffin my face. Only 2 weeks ago i had 7 dozen clams, 4 steamers, 3 raw, Sooo good. My prob is eatin too much at once , and too fast. Now i eat slower and drink a glass of water around 15 mins before. Eat all the greens/veggies first then the meat or main thing. Get full alot easier now wit water and salad,etc first.

Good luck. I really recommend keeping a food log. http://www.sparkpeople.com/ is a great site with a large database of foods. Slowly cut food and portion sizes down. If you currently eating a 5000 calorie diet, then going down to a "bread and water" diet won't stick. Neither will any of the other diet fads of choice either. Cutting out a side or a condiment or two over a couple weeks will shock your body less and help you stick with your diet better. Protein (like say a glass of milk) at bedtime is perfectly fine for your overnight. Also smaller meals throughout the day is typically preferred to 1 huge meal. (as fun as they are)

Cardio, calisthenics and weights for a well rounded weight loss program.

Ps I weigh in at 234 but have dropped 10% of my bodyfat and 4 inches from my waist in the past couple months.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
vangvace said:
Good luck. I really recommend keeping a food log. http://www.sparkpeople.com/ is a great site with a large database of foods. Slowly cut food and portion sizes down. If you currently eating a 5000 calorie diet, then going down to a "bread and water" diet won't stick. Neither will any of the other diet fads of choice either. Cutting out a side or a condiment or two over a couple weeks will shock your body less and help you stick with your diet better. Protein (like say a glass of milk) at bedtime is perfectly fine for your overnight. Also smaller meals throughout the day is typically preferred to 1 huge meal. (as fun as they are)

Cardio, calisthenics and weights for a well rounded weight loss program.

Ps I weigh in at 234 but have dropped 10% of my bodyfat and 4 inches from my waist in the past couple months.

WOW ! That is great! Congrats!

Well today my last meal was at 5:00pm so I got that right! No sweets at all, and trying my best to make healthier choices! Skipped rope this morning as well for about 15 minutes, not ideal but better!

Thanks everyone for the kind notes and incentive!

Rod

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
well I did what was suggested and didn't weigh myself for the other days untill this morning and I am down to 242lb...now I know this is way to soon to assume these are in any way permanent losses but...I am sleeping better at night since I am not eating past 5:00pm and waking up more energetic and willing to jump oout of bed!

The other good thing is that the weight didn't go up!

Rod