• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Losing all my corals

Just got my results back from ATI

Here is the link to my tank water results.
//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/dc463fd36400b723ede2

RODI results
//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/948c01766172dbcc151c
It seems you have really high lithium, barium, silicates and aluminum. But the thing that stands out the most is the copper. That's probably what's killing your corals.

I would check the tank for any sort of metal that might have fell in by accident. Penny or anything like that. Check the pumps and magnets for any sort of rust. If you have any of the marinepure blocks or anything like that, that's probably the source for aluminum.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If you can run resin in a reactor. I would it will get rid of most of the silicate.
I would also run carbon.
If you don’t have a reactor I would get chemi pure blue and run that until your tank is clear.

Make sure you have a good source for RODi water.
I use a 7 stage BRS and my water is always zero TDS

momof6kids

NJRC Member
If you can run resin in a reactor. I would it will get rid of most of the silicate.
I would also run carbon.
If you don’t have a reactor I would get chemi pure blue and run that until your tank is clear.

Make sure you have a good source for RODi water.
I use a 7 stage BRS and my water is always zero TDS
After Brian came over, I did buy a new RODI. Mine was RO only and was from the dark ages when I had my 240. I am also running chemi pure elite. While all of my leathers, except for my devils hand continued to melt away, some of my corals have made a miraculous comeback, Two of my hammers came out of their skeletons, and one is borderline. Many of my zoas, while much smaller colonies, have reopened also.

Doug feels that after Ida, our city water had other things added to it which compromised my corals. Hoping that as I do more water changes with the new RODI water, that we have turned the corner and no more disappearing corals.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
After Brian came over, I did buy a new RODI. Mine was RO only and was from the dark ages when I had my 240. I am also running chemi pure elite. While all of my leathers, except for my devils hand continued to melt away, some of my corals have made a miraculous comeback, Two of my hammers came out of their skeletons, and one is borderline. Many of my zoas, while much smaller colonies, have reopened also.

Doug feels that after Ida, our city water had other things added to it which compromised my corals. Hoping that as I do more water changes with the new RODI water, that we have turned the corner and no more disappearing corals.

With the leather corals in a mixed reef you have to run carbon and replace it every month. Chemi pure elite is good and that has resin in it.
If you can run the blue that’s even better