• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lots of fern caleurpa macro algae

• Thread starter Deleted member 27248
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27248

time again to trim the refugium...1 gallon container full...take as much or as
Little as you want...trade for a frag?

Attachments

• AA2D0384-DF7C-4D7A-92F8-4559E485E5DF.jpeg
    AA2D0384-DF7C-4D7A-92F8-4559E485E5DF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
My Chaeto is so thick right now but I don’t want to throw out so I just keep letting it get thicker and thicker it’s starting to overflow into chamber leading to return section. I like the fern caulerpa algae looks good

D

Deleted member 27248

My Chaeto is so thick right now but I don’t want to throw out so I just keep letting it get thicker and thicker it’s starting to overflow into chamber leading to return section. I like the fern caulerpa algae looks good
I personally don’t like the way chaeto
Looks...I prefer the pretty macros haha...i have fern, grape, and dragons breath in my sump...the dragons breath grows crazzzzy!

D

Deleted member 27248

Hey
Hey dude did you want some Fern calerpa? I can harvest a gallon sized bag up tommorw if you want.

D

Deleted member 27248

I have a gallon ziplock bag full of macro. Anyone want it before I toss it?

Shawn2122

NJRC Member
I personally don’t like the way chaeto
Looks...I prefer the pretty macros haha...i have fern, grape, and dragons breath in my sump...the dragons breath grows crazzzzy!
Maximus - what's the key to getting the dragon's breath to grow like crazy? I have mine under high flow and light and it seems ok but not growing crazy.
Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 27248

Maximus - what's the key to getting the dragon's breath to grow like crazy? I have mine under high flow and light and it seems ok but not growing crazy.
Thoughts?
I would have to say high nitrates and phosphates.I have to dose both every 3-4 weeks to keep levels up. I like phosphate between .1 and .25 and nitrates 20ppm-30ppm. My corals look the best at those levels. And
Obviously the macro eats it up pretty quickly as well. I use Kent trace elements in my dosing containers and 20g water change every 2-4 weeks depending.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I would have to say high nitrates and phosphates.I have to dose both every 3-4 weeks to keep levels up. I like phosphate between .1 and .25 and nitrates 20ppm-30ppm. My corals look the best at those levels. And
Obviously the macro eats it up pretty quickly as well. I use Kent trace elements in my dosing containers and 20g water change every 2-4 weeks depending.
Wow, my sps would melt at that phosphate level. I have to dose nitrate also it hovers around 3 to 5 but wish it were around 10 but never phosphate. Right now it is at .06 to .10 but would rather it be a bit lower like .03 or so.
next time I’m down your way I would like to grab some dragons breath to put into a 13 gallon fluval I’m using to raise pods in.
I have a large population now I think it would get a lot better if I had some macro algae in the tank. Right now it’s just rubble in there.

D

Deleted member 27248

Wow, my sps would melt at that phosphate level. I have to dose nitrate also it hovers around 3 to 5 but wish it were around 10 but never phosphate. Right now it is at .06 to .10 but would rather it be a bit lower like .03 or so.
next time I’m down your way I would like to grab some dragons breath to put into a 13 gallon fluval I’m using to raise pods in.
I have a large population now I think it would get a lot better if I had some macro algae in the tank. Right now it’s just rubble in there.
All of sps are growing and the colors are excellent!

D

Deleted member 27248

I just put 10ml in each container...no precipitation. I dose calcium and alk and add some to each. It’s just adding iodide and other trace elements.

Attachments

• E21D43E2-1C06-4EB3-B52C-11F1262C7DD4.jpeg
    E21D43E2-1C06-4EB3-B52C-11F1262C7DD4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4