• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LPS- Friendly, Fish Stocking List

I've got a couple of months to go, but I'm starting to put together a list of fish for my 75 gallon LPS tank. The coral population will include frogspawn, torch, hammer, bubble, candy cane, blastos and possibly an acan.

I'll probably pass on having any clowns so I don't have issues with hosting in coarls that will be annoyed by that behavior.

What has everyone had a good experience with?

Thanks in advance!

C

concept3

nice list ya got!  Those would be the same exact things I would get if I start a softie tank!

Don't foget mushrooms and ricordea as well (although they're not LPS :) )

malulu

NJRC Member
how about some Blue-green Chromis?

i brough 12 of them when i first started with my tank a year back...  and 2 gone within first 2 days, and 10 of them surviced since... they are about 2 to 3 inch.

they are nice schooling fish, the only problem i have is:  they eat like crazy...  every time i put food in the tank, within seconds, they are all gone by them... therefore i would like to get rid of some of them... (going to keep about 6 of them)

a trade will be nice... otherwise, you can have them for free...
LMK.

Good luck on your new tank.

Note:
I am currenlty trying to feed them at night when all lights are off... so they are less agrressive to get the food... (so others can have a chance...)

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
TANGS!! (did I just say that?!?! :eek:)

How about a dwarf angel? As long as you aren't getting any open brains you should be in good shape. I used to have a Potters Angel..really nice fish.

I wouldnt mess with any dwarf angels and fleshy LPS..

Look for some oddball chromis :) Vanderbilti chromis.

Or some gobies, lots of small gobies make for an interesting setup. Pair of neons, limestripes and redheads, plus a pair or trio of wheeleri gobies..

What about wrasses? If you put a top on, look for a cirrhilabrus species.. There are many nice ones (labouti, linneatus, pylei, rubisquamis, rubimarginatus, etc).. Or the flasher wrasses..

Maybe some cardinals, pair of bangaii, or a small school of blue lined cardinals.

nice damsel is the Starkii damsel..

Hawkfish are great too, , if you dont want shrimp..

obviously not all of the above, but a few suggestions..

Thanks for the ideas. The goby collection is something I hadn't thought of Erik. I'll look into that. Is eggcrate a wrasse safe cover?

Thanks for the chromis offer David. I'll let you know.

Hey Brian, how about a Naso, a Powder Blue and a school of yellows! Call the cops!!!

Actually, I'll probably get a purple and hope I get the upstairs tank before he outgrows the 75, or else I'll trade him when he gets too big.

Hey Merv, I might go for some ricordia if there's enough space betwwen everyone, but shrooms and I don't seem to get along well.