• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LTA fragging?

I have a Long Tip Anemone that must suffer from ADHD. The thing just can not sit still in one place. I have shut off the power heads, got new lighting, and have perfect water. With all that said, has anyone ever entertained the idea of gluing one of these guys to a frag to keep in in one place? Granted it may be a horrific idea and I should be ashamed for thinking it but putting that aside what are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance for any war stories and ideas that may stem from this thread.

DJ

10610627_10100115513253125_6985317530602803573_n.jpg

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Can't say that I've heard of trying that,usually people make their aquariums anemone safe kind of like making your house kid safe. :D

Had to laugh at that because while I suppose it is a horrific thought as a RBTA owner it is something that I would understand trying. Very funny.:glee: I have blocked some crevices using a carbon pad a few times to keep one of the guys from invading a space. I found they work well because they are larger than a rock and you can cut them to size.

i wouldnt do it. my bta has been in the same spot for a little more than a year and it decided to move around and split a few weeks ago, now ive got two that wont stop moving all around the tank. it should settle

I also had problems with my red bubble tip anemone moving around. As cool as it was the first week it got annoying after a while moving corals from one end of the tank to the other lol. I wouldn't try to glue it down. I have heard people talking about when they are trying to slowly pry the foot off of the rock so they can sell it, that if you rush the process and the foot tears, then it will likely die. I would be afraid of gluing it to a spot and it trying to move but it tears itself off. I don't know if this is possible or not just a thought. Also don't know if this is true or not but I would think that the reason they move is to get into a spot where they are getting the most nutrients from the light and current at the time. If that is why they move then if you were to glue it down then it could slowly decline in health maybe. Even though it is a little messed up, I do like the idea and it would be a lot easier lol.