• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LTA not attaching

I just bought a new LTA yesterday...and he isnt attaching to anything. I have him on the sandbed with moderate flow passing over him...to keep him from blowing around I put a plastic container over him with holes/slots cut in it...My last LTA I had attached to the bottom of the tank almost right away....should I just take the plastic container off and let him blow all around the tank or what?

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I would remove the plastic,it will attach when and where it wants.
Unfortunately they don't always land where we would like them to.

Keep a close eye on it and take away the container as reef and rots said. They like their foot in the sand so i just needs to find a place. What kind of substrate do you have?

Fine grade sand...almost like playsand...,,Im just worried about him getting caught in my powerheads...(seio 820's)

Put a PVC fitting or a piece of rock inside the plastic container and let the LTA attach to it. Then move it to where you intially want the anemone to be. Then let it move across the rocks to find it's final home.