• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Macro in the display tank?

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Hey guys,

I have a question for ya:

Is there any macro algae that would be easy to keep in my display tank, behind my reef wall, and wouldn't choke out everything in the tank?

Thanks,

damon

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Is there any reason NOT to get some for the display tank? Right now my tank is running with just a few powerheads and a bunch of live rock/sand....

malulu

NJRC Member
if you have them in the display tank, some fishes will eat them all fast... which you don't want to some time.
;D

malulu

NJRC Member
normally - ReefDrumz , MikeM, RichT would have some extra, you can check to see if they have extra this time and would goto this satureday meeting or not.
;-)

I'm a Halmidea fan myself, and I generally have some available.

It will increase your calcium consumption a bit, but I like the look and it's fairly easy to control.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I'm very central. Princeton area. Work off 8a on the turnpike.

Thanks. I'd like to try the macro fighting the micro thing, and I don't have a fuge AND I have a fallow tank to play with for a few months.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm in South Plainfield. Probably about 30 minutes from you with traffic and all. Let me know if you're interested I'll give ya some.

you should take his offer I gotten a bunch from Drumz and it grew like crazy.... it actually made into the display tank....

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You can come during the week if you want to...I should be around. PM me some days/time and let's see what works.