• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Macro Lens for Nikon

My GF has a D70 that I use more than she does, and I was wondering if anyone had a good macro lens they would recommend. I'm thinking 100mm would be great.

Her telephoto zoom has a macro setting at 300mm, but at that point its really hard to get enough light in, even with the halides on ;) and the macro focus isn't quite enough sometimes and requires a lot of moving around to make things work right

thanks

Red

Tamron 90mm and the Sigma 105mm are both great choices. I'm 99% sure we have the sigma 105. Brian takes great shots of stuff in the tank with it, while I take pics of the dogs, flowers, etc.

Thanks!

I also have this great site I ordered ours from but it's on our other laptop. I'll post the link for you tomorrow. I think I saved well over $100 and they had free next day fedex shipping!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the Nikkor 105 and love it. Merv has the 60 and the 105 and prefers the 60 over the 105. I think Steve68 has the Sigma 105 (and he seems to take some great photos with it)!

Awesome
Deb- Saving money in this hobby is always a good thing

Phyl- One of these day's i'll have to make it to a meeting and see/try some of these things out :D

Red

C

concept3

Yeah Brett, we swap lenses for a few shots during the meetings too. You shoulda seen us during the December social. A D200, D80, D70 and another D-series Nikon were playing musical lenses. The canon guys were looking at all of us like we had 2 heads LOL