• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Macro question

I know I haven't been here in a while but I figured someone here might know the answer. I went to fish only

My tank has been growing my red gracilaria (some call it dragon's tongue) macro like crazy and I wondered... can I eat it? I buy seaweed online so I'm thinking why toss it when maybe I can eat it. I'm thinking the only negative is the salt mixture which is Reef Crystals instead of real ocean.

By the way, I've tried selling it and only takers I used to get was Absolutely Fish but I don't go that way anymore.

No idea if you can eat it. I used to grow it and I had a lot of fish eat it. My puffer used to love it. Maybe try putting some in a feeding net for your fish. Saw a good tip from Tomreefer on YouTube, he grows macro his fish will eat. When he goes away , he just puts some in the display

No idea if you can eat it. I used to grow it and I had a lot of fish eat it. My puffer used to love it. Maybe try putting some in a feeding net for your fish. Saw a good tip from Tomreefer on YouTube, he grows macro his fish will eat. When he goes away , he just puts some in the display
Thank you for that thought but it's only a 20 gallon tank so I am limited on the amount of fish I can have. The ones I have don't eat the macro.