• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Maintenance day

Who else is doing maintenance today?
Started out doing some plumbing on the 60 frag tank and worked on the sump a bit more . Then started building the stand for the 180. Also .managed to get that filled with water and am currently leak testing it . So far so good but let's see what 5 days shows for results. Fingers crossed. And finally just finished a 25 gallon water change on the 90 and did some needed cleaning .

Went to check out ACC today to try to help support a LFS during these crazy times. picked up a new hammer , and 2 new zoa frags. Also added a few more to the clean up crew and ordered some reagents that they didnt have in stock but John said he could order and ship for me , definitely appreciate all he does. All corals are dipped and relaxing in new home .

Made a trip out of it and had a nice lunch from a buddies pizza place near by that is always amazing. Grabbed it to go and had a nice picnic style lunch on the tailgate overlooking the lake. So nice to get out and stay socially distant but enjoy a few of the little normal little tasks out. Chilling with a cold stella now. It's the little things lately.

Hope everyone else got a bit of enjoyment out of today. Was a busy day here for our system.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I hear that. Made 8g of saltwater and did a 3g change in seahorses tank and 5g change on reef. Should have done more but stupid me in a cleaning frenzy few months back for did if some 5g buckets. Should kept as I only had a 10g bucket to make it and 5g to drain. Pretty dumb, I know. Have 2 other bucket filled with pumps and other crap.

Project- out all that shut in a storage container and place in attic.

Paulie, I have that small Koriala if you want to give it shot. LMK when you want to pickup.

I hear that. Made 8g of saltwater and did a 3g change in seahorses tank and 5g change on reef. Should have done more but stupid me in a cleaning frenzy few months back for did if some 5g buckets. Should kept as I only had a 10g bucket to make it and 5g to drain. Pretty dumb, I know. Have 2 other bucket filled with pumps and other crap.

Project- out all that shut in a storage container and place in attic.

Paulie, I have that small Koriala if you want to give it shot. LMK when you want to pickup.
Was busy myself today as my tank is looking great n running good I stayed away from it all day. Worked on the new 65,, did a little staining and a lot of sanding so much sanding,, tomorrow I’ll be doing some staining and clear coating and of corse more sanding

Did a 20 % water change before work yesterday , and cleaned the protein skimmer good this morning . Who else is keeping things tidy lately ? Wife found the citric acid and anything not fully bolted down is getting cleaned as of late.

Last edited:
Very well done 0CD approved I wish I can get my servant I mean wife to do stuff for me stuff for me
Yeah I am lucky , we took on this hobby together. So we both work towards it. She handles mostly all of the testing and cleaning , I handle all the tech side and system design / set up , And most of the CASH! Happy to have her helping me for sure.

Have a fair amount of work coming this Saturday when I move my tanks to a new apartment. Gonna spend friday setting up a couple holding tank in the new apartment along with moving some stuff. I was hoping to get a hold of a 90 or 120 with a stand before then but couldn't find one. So now back to taking my time making one later this summer. Sad to wait but happy for the work of making it.