• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Major break down

My tank and rock ore over taken by apstasia. I am starting over and nuking my rock. Do I have to take my tank and sump apart to clean or van I I've lots ov vinegar and water and let the tank run for a week? Then rince with clean water after?

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
it depends if you have any life in there coral .fish .I'd just vinegar the rocks & Scrub with a stiff brush ~~rinse ~~. MAke sure there is none in sump.run a sock if you can . You don't want to disturb biologics in sand and in the sump. And then wait......

They are everywhere. Tank and sump. Was going to house my fish in buddies tank for a couple months. And just start from scratch.

horseplay

NJRC Member
If your tank is big enough I suggest trying a copperband or filefish. You can nuke the tank now but pests always got introduced with live rocks and livestocks. Aiptasia is not the worst. I have a lot in the refugium but none in the display tank. I have a CBB for almost two years now it took care of that problem.

If your tank is big enough I suggest trying a copperband or filefish. You can nuke the tank now but pests always got introduced with live rocks and livestocks. Aiptasia is not the worst. I have a lot in the refugium but none in the display tank. I have a CBB for almost two years now it took care of that problem.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its that bad then it is in the plumbing, sump everything. You need to either nuke the entire system or get something that eats it.

I have success controlling aiptasia in my tank with peppermint shrimp. Just one in my 90 gallon tank keeps any new polyps from appearing. I also use a needle and syringe filled with calcium hydroxide paste. One drop on each aiptasia kills them in minutes.