• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

March Meeting

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When: Sunday March 20, 2005
Time: 1:00 pm
Host: Phyllis & John
Where: 11 Knightsbridge Place
Jackson, NJ 08527

Please RSVP in this thread so that I can get an idea of who's coming. See you next weekend!

There are also people bringing/trading/selling/buying frags. There's a frag trade post over on RC.

Only six days before the meeting and you finaly post it here!Yea right?I have a life I need to know before that!, Most of next month is booked already!You guys if you want this club to get bigger you should get a schedule for at least a couple of months ahead so people can plan around it,since you don't have a reg. day like say the third sunday of every month.The way it looks now instead of a club it looks like a couple of guys deside "hay lets have a meeting in a couple of days!Besides I mite drive all the way there and be turned away because I don't have a new card yet.Mine says exspiredDec.31,2004

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Better late than never, right? I just found out that "here" existed! Hopefully there are some people who can make it, even with the short notice! Hope to see you all. ;D

Well I fell bad they give you less then a week to say clean.My wife wouldn't go for that short notice.Not say are house is dirty,she and I think it's just polite to give the person some time to get ready.If it's cooking or cleanning or both.Well goodluck if I knew earlyier I would of came and brought a couple others from the area that went to the Jan. meeting.

FYI: A little background for the late notice.

NJRC had three different members volunteer to host the March meeting and then back out, the last one in late February. Rather than not have a March meeting Phyl, who is a new member as of the Feb. meeting, volunteered to host. So I would like to personally thank Phyl for stepping up and hosting.

Remember the easiest way to avoid this problem in the future is check in this thread, http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=502825 and volunteer to host.

Thanks again Phyl.

Jeff

To Jeff
I should have to got to anougher site to find out what goes on here.I don't go to RC but I go to TRT,but thats not the point.Do you go to the Ford dealer to find out if there's a recal on your Chevy?The Home page still shows last months not crossed out and the talk about Jan. meeting that I went to.I asked how and what went on at the Feb. meeting on this site.I shouldn't have to go somewhere else to post something about THIS club.It shows you spend to much time at RC not here.Maybe I don't think right,but I think there should be more post and activity here then RC.P.S Show me the thread that says go to Reef Central to post.

Big Rotties said:
To Jeff
I should have to got to anougher site to find out what goes on here.I don't go to RC but I go to TRT,but thats not the point.Do you go to the Ford dealer to find out if there's a recal on your Chevy?The Home page still shows last months not crossed out and the talk about Jan. meeting that I went to.I asked how and what went on at the Feb. meeting on this site.I shouldn't have to go somewhere else to post something about THIS club.It shows you spend to much time at RC not here.Maybe I don't think right,but I think there should be more post and activity here then RC.P.S Show me the thread that says go to Reef Central to post.

We're in a tight spot here with this site vs. ReefCentral... Many of our members don't feel they have time to read two sites, and obviously RC has a lot of interesting talk going on from all over. I'd personally love to have synchronization with RC's njrc forum and this one... But that got shot down by the RC staff.

The more members we get that are willing to create content for our other members, the better, and the more traffic this site we'll get, and the more we can rely on our own site to distribute information.

As it is, I have to dig through posts on both sites to find meeting locations. It'd be great if upcoming hosts would let me know a bit ahead of time so I can add them to the front page a little earlier than this month.

Look forward to tank of the month, and a writeup of last month's meeting (Which I couldn't attend, as my car battery died. Woe is me)... We're still looking for more volunteers so we can set up a more continuous flow of content.

Well I can understand they can't get to to many sites.I go here and TRT(The Reef Tank)It's just like RC but not snobbie MO.There are some from NJ and I tell them to check or site out and they tell me they write with no responce,out dated stuff on the home page and it turns them off,So tell me what I should say ? Go to RC to know what's going on?
To me RC is more for the extreme hobbiest and there are very few beginners ,which on TRT it seems to be the oppisite.I like helping new people out and hope to keep them from making mastakes(costly!)that mite make them quit.And that where I think a club is for, to learn and help .When I started , if it wasn't for my old club I was in and going to MACNA(Which our club sponcered it!) I probbly would of given up.Shure you can read books ,but doing it and seeing it is easyier.But what do I know I'm out number when it comes to weather we post on our site or RC.As the 5th admement , I'm just voicing my oppion! I don't see it that way.

I HAVE A QUESTION why if you dont have time to read to websites you quite this club and go to rc, if you belong here you will stay here and i agree with the complain, why we dont post here first, and make this our priotity and not rc?????

That's why I post this here and we more smart people to voice it here so the others that think this clubs name is RC in sted of NJRCwhy have this site?They only updated the date for the meeting on the home page and not what happendat the last month meeting.If they don't make the clubs home page look good first over RC then I don't know why they tell people about this site and just have it there.But then if they post it there why did they deside to post there and not at www.thereeftank.com .which is a great site too?

That's what I'm saying .This is what happened to my last club and I'm trying to tell them,but that's all you can do.Did you ask him here,thats why he never answer.You have to go away from the clubs site to enougher site about this site!How dumb is that!And they don't see it that way!The club site is secondairy.

lol yeah he wrote a post that he needed some help i was the only one to respond and he never got back to me but ill be there this weekend and ill bring it up
Nick

Good for you.But they have thick skulls so say it LOUD! I can't make it but hope to go to the next one.But they mite post it here on Sat about Sunday the next day here! LOL

Be carefull the site is not use to having something post fast and posted here 1st over RC!At least your a fireman and can properly put the fire out if your computer or site catches on fire! ;)

What interesting is that some of the folks that post at the RC site dont even know about this site. Sold my pump today and was chatting with a fellow RC member and he never knew about this site. I sent him the link.