• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Marine Magic algae scrubber

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Just took a dive on one of these...

Seems a reasonable build. Don't have the time or resources to build my own at this point, and I've read some iffy reviews on the Santa Monicas and the CoralVues, plus I needed something small and hang on, this fit the bill on all fronts.
Hoping it works, will keep folks updated.

Seems a reasonable build. Don't have the time or resources to build my own at this point, and I've read some iffy reviews on the Santa Monicas and the CoralVues, plus I needed something small and hang on, this fit the bill on all fronts.
I have been eyeing the smaller one up for a while. But can't see how i could get it to fit in the 20

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Diana,
I thought about it but the fuge is pretty big and it would take considerable modification, not to mention building the LEDs to have enough power to light it, then figuring out a controller.
The fuge is working wonderfully right now as a pod factory and is keeping my mandaran happy and fat, so I'm loathe to modify it regardless.
Also have the aded bonus that its small enough that I can switch it between tanks.

Hey, have you received yours? I ordered one on Black Friday, haven't gotten any communications from them.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Same boat. NO arrival, no comms. Going to give it till after the weekend.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
THIS
IS
A
DISASTER.

Two of the units side panels (that are outside the tank and hold water) are not glued.
At least 3 major parts are cracked and broken.
Haven't tried the lights yet and cant figure out the controller as there are no directions.

I received a $150 box of scrap plastic.

IMG_2450.jpegIMG_2451.jpegIMG_2472.jpegIMG_2474.jpegIMG_2476.jpeg

Last edited:
THIS
IS
A
DISASTER.

Two of the units side panels (that are outside the tank and hild water) are not glued.
Haven't tried the lights yet.

Damn, that's depressing. I'm still waiting for mine haha.

THIS
IS
A
DISASTER.

Two of the units side panels (that are outside the tank and hild water) are not glued.
Haven't tried the lights yet.

hopefully you paid PayPal or have another way to lodge complaint

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
hopefully you paid PayPal or have another way to lodge complaint

Just finished a fight with Paypal.
I ordered a 'Genuine Handcrafted Leather Mask'.
Was told it would take weeks to receive, as it was the tops in craftmanship.
I received a piece of latex with a broken strap.
Sent Paypal the Ad, the pics, the orders, the comms with the seller.
They told me I had to open an FBI internet fraud case, I told them that seemed a bit over the top.
They closed the case and awarded the seller the win.