• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Marine Magic algae scrubber

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Havent tried yet.
Their CS got back to me within 24 hours offering a replacement.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nice, glue up the original and now you have two!
Not that easy. He took this holder and drilled two holes through a piece of acrylic he bent to a certain angle and secured with plastic screws. I then glued it to my Mag Float.
After many years of use the acrylic part snapped.

Edited.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    179.5 KB · Views: 0
@Mark_C mine finally showed up. Guess I got lucky, it's in good condition. One side of the algae sheet had come loose, but a dab of glue fixed that. One comment though, it is definitely loud. Wish I opted for that "silencer". But nothing I can't rig up in the tank. Going to let it run for a bit before I do any sort of modifications to it.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Main concern I had on the second unit, which arrived OK, was flow, as water was just going over the top mostly.
I dropped the long tube inside the unit, ran it over the top of the screen, and down the far side.
Seems to work. I’m in major tank changes now so hard to tell how well yet.
Also, mine is pretty quiet, you can hear it but you have to be within 3-5’ of the tank.

Last edited: