• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MarsAqua LED Mod

horseplay

NJRC Member
Thanks Paul. I will contact you when I get the light fixtures. The blue channel which is on the longest time is too blue. Trying to get as close to the t5 blue+ color. I am hoping switching two of the white diodes will achieve the desired effect.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow Joe, I'm surprised! I would have guessed you wanted more blue. Maybe it's just me. The two Apollo fixtures I have are 20K (a bunch of blue)....I think the first channel is all blue for these fixtures....and that's what comes on first for my light cycle. It really makes the corals pop. Maybe it's just me being partially color blind, but I like the blue.....and the corals like the blue as well.

Whatever you wish to do, let me know, and bring those fixtures up here and we'll work on them together.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Joe, I was looking at my tank today, with all lights ON, and not overly happy with the look....too white. I have two Apollos, 20K each (pretty blue), not adjustable, short of the two channels, and also have the one Mars Aqua.

I'm not sure I understand your wanting more white? I actually want more blue. I like my tank when the blues are on....everything pops. The corals actually like this color as well. With the Mars Aqua, which have variable pots on them to adjust intensity, I have the white channel turned down, and the blues turned all the way up.

I'm just not understanding your wanting more white??? If you wish, you can come take a look at what I have.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Paul - I want more white when only the blue channel is on. When the blue is on I cannot see the true color of the fish. Everything looks fluorescent. I figure by moving 3 whites from the white channel to the blue channel it will get close to the ATI blue+ look. Then when the white is on it can be run at lesser intensity. I also think the red is too red. I will PM you to setup a time.

radiata

NJRC Member
If you guys are mod happy for the cheap Chinese "165" watt LED units, I suggest you check out this Youtube post by FISHOFHEX for his mod on linking them to an Apex VDM module for dimming them and slowly turning them on:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Joe, thanks...now I'm understanding what you're doing.

And Bob, Apex! I run two old school ReefKeeper 2's.....is there a mod for them? :D