• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Max's Red Sea Reefer 170. (A Grand Journey of Discovery, Aggravation, and General Buffoonery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Update:

Got some liverock to seed the tank
27313f2fd52acbc8ae9ba5ad110443f3.jpg

And a salmon filet to rot and create life

3d8828ea3fd0e65457c9d9d999a39814.jpg

......wife wasn't impressed with me putting her dinner in the tank even though I explained the concept of creation and evolution and how through this here dead salmon a whole world will be born, and how it is a majestic and beautiful thing and cosmic cycle and.......

.......should have used my portion not hers

....... Have to cook next meal as punishment

.......need quick recipe ideas
So far so good, if you need more LR let me know

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Or do what i do, whatever you want to buy for the tank, save up double what it costs, then order it. When it comes in and she starts giving you a look, hand her over the extra cash even to what you just spent and watch how fast she doesn't care about what you just bought.

S. O. S.

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I came home after work and as soon as I opened the door It hit me. As in the smell of the rotting salmon. I have never smelled anything so foul in my life before. As per advice of Marcus I took out the fish and threw a bunch of carbon in there. My wife is coming back in about 30 minutes. I have every window open and scented candle lit.

She is going to kick me out the house.

She also invited her friend over to watch some show.

I am going to be made an example of.

Once I'm able to beg my way back in I would like to know what my other cycling options are. Right now my ammonia is about 2.0 ppm.

......Also if anything does anyone have a couch to sleep on?

..... Should have gotten into bird watching.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just ghost feeding the tank is enough, maybe a cube of mysis or something once a week. or a small portion each day. If you have live rock in there as well, the cycle shouldn't take long at all.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
S. O. S.

I came home after work and as soon as I opened the door It hit me. As in the smell of the rotting salmon. I have never smelled anything so foul in my life before. As per advice of Marcus I took out the fish and threw a bunch of carbon in there. My wife is coming back in about 30 minutes. I have every window open and scented candle lit.

Once I'm able to beg my way back in I would like to know what my other cycling options are. Right now my ammonia is about 2.0 ppm.

Haha!!! Now that's funny. Hopefully the carbon and open windows help! Good luck man!

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
S. O. S.

Ha.....j/k

Update! The carbon seems to be doing its job as it smells much better in the living room. However the kitchen is totally f%#ked because in my haste to cover up my science experiments i chucked the rotting salmon corpse in the trash and forgot to take it out.

.....I am being shamed at this moment.

.....but at least not beaten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S. O. S.

Omg, that's hilarious. If she does decide to kick you out, just beg her to give you enough time to pack the tank!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3cfd67e34edf07d6236d2ecd8c477c74.jpg

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] my ammonia was 2.0 ppt after the salmon incident. Now it's zero and nitrites have spiked up. I have never seen a cycle happen this quick. Is it some voodoo magic or have I discovered a rapid cycle technique by using smelly salmon?!

....because if I did then I will make millions by selling smelly salmon to hobbyists world wide asap!

.....and wake up in a new Bugatti with 5 sexy Brazilian women

.......I will also accept a Maserati and 2 sexy Brazilian women

...... Hehe [emoji41]

Thoughts gentlemen?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
3cfd67e34edf07d6236d2ecd8c477c74.jpg

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] my ammonia was 2.0 ppt after the salmon incident. Now it's zero and nitrites have spiked up. I have never seen a cycle happen this quick. Is it some voodoo magic or have I discovered a rapid cycle technique by using smelly salmon?!

....because if I did then I will make millions by selling smelly salmon to hobbyists world wide asap!

.....and wake up in a new Bugatti

.......I will take a Maserati at the least

Thoughts gentlemen?

Let's see long term if the smelly salmon cause any issues (tank or relationship) lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.