• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mazarra LED replacements

Hello,

Has anyone had to replace the LED's on their mazarra? If so, where did you find them other than coralvue?

I have been online looking and 20.00 for one, when I have to replace a bunch, is way too high for me. Any alternatives would be greatly appreciated. I do want to stick to the original leds if possible

Thank you,
Christine

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I went right through coral vue. Unfortunately they are made in a way to fit the mazzaras that really is tough to replicate so they kind of have you. Reach out to Chris from Coralvue on here (he is a sponsor) and talk to him, he might be able to help you out.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
One of the benefits of the mazzara is that you can change the bulbs very easily if you want to experiment with the color. We added red, green, and fiji pink style bulbs to ours.

Thank you for the help. I'll see what happens.

Water did not get in. I am not sure why but one of the 3 units has half the bulbs barely lit anymore. It started with the 2 super actinic corners and worked its way from there through the middle.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Without a doubt call Chris then, if it is an issue with the fixture it should be covered under warranty. He can also walk you through it to see if it can be fixed. Good luck. I had some issues with the fans getting loud and after a phone call had new ones shipped to me for nothing, it was an easy process.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Without a doubt call Chris then, if it is an issue with the fixture it should be covered under warranty. He can also walk you through it to see if it can be fixed. Good luck. I had some issues with the fans getting loud and after a phone call had new ones shipped to me for nothing, it was an easy process.

+1. The coralvue guys are great. They should be able to help you out.