• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Meet to Party (@Paulie's)

phone-wise FaceTime allows groups and the kids use the app house party. would be fun to see each others tanks.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
phone-wise FaceTime allows groups and the kids use the app house party. would be fun to see each others tanks.
Yes that’s what I am talking about. The club could do something a little more fancy on YouTube. You can have a weekly/monthly meeting online and people can take turns showing off their tanks. Or getting help with a problem.

we can also use Skype and that’s really easy, free and I think you can host 24 people from any phone or computer

We can do it, I'm game
I’m sorry but it still seems just very impersonal to me everything you’re talking about can be just done on this website the way we’re doing things now here’s a picture of my tank blah blah people can chime in for conversation you can reply I don’t see much of a difference. I thought the reason for the meets were that we could all get together and personally introduce ourselves and put a face to the name and sit around and talk things like that that’s why they call it being social there is nothing social about doing things via Internet Skype YouTube or whatever where’s the human connection Please don’t think that I am trying to crap on your idea this is just how I personally feel for one I am a people person and two I really stink with the other stuff with computers and technology

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sorry but it still seems just very impersonal to me everything you’re talking about can be just done on this website the way we’re doing things now here’s a picture of my tank blah blah people can chime in for conversation you can reply I don’t see much of a difference. I thought the reason for the meets were that we could all get together and personally introduce ourselves and put a face to the name and sit around and talk things like that that’s why they call it being social there is nothing social about doing things via Internet Skype YouTube or whatever where’s the human connection Please don’t think that I am trying to crap on your idea this is just how I personally feel for one I am a people person and two I really stink with the other stuff with computers and technology
Keep in mind that we may not have an in-person club meet for some several months. This is an option to keep us occupied whilst we wait out the "quarantine" process.

If folks want to do it, do it.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

This isn’t my idea.this is how the world is communicating. It will also attract younger people.The forum should change with the times to keep it interesting.
Other groups are already doing this and I personally like it over this format. You can do it on Facebook or YouTube or a bunch of other formats they all work. If you don’t want to do the video portion that’s ok.
It has a chat so you can write and chat
And post pictures just like the forum.
this Will also make it easier for people to show what they got without having to host events at their home.

Last edited:
This isn’t my idea.this is how the world is communicating. It will also attract younger people.The forum should change with the times to keep it interesting.
Other groups are already doing this and I personally like it over this format. You can do it on Facebook or YouTube or a bunch of other formats they all work. If you don’t want to do the video portion that’s ok.
It has a chat so you can write and chat
And post pictures just like the forum.
this Will also make it easier for people to show what they got without having to host events at their home.
Like I said I’m definitely not trying to crap on anybody’s ideas it’s just that when it comes to technology I’m a dinosaur so I’m speaking solely just for myself with nobody else in mind but if this is the route that everybody would like to take I’m all in and I will do my best to learn how I can participate in a proper fashion Maybe my daughter can give me a crash course in computers maybe get the book computers for dummies the fact that I have to go to my 17-year-old daughter for help it’s kind of embarrassing

I don’t like it as a regular thing but during this crazy time we’re living in would be a cool way to connect and distract. Like I said, would be cool to check out many other setups too.

I was looking forward to the next meet! too bad though. yeah I'm not really leaving the house anymore. I make a quick run to home Depot or something. I'm definitely going to get some fish when my tank is filled though. might kill me but totally worth it....

we are running out of food and I'm not leaving but yeah I do want a clarkii clownfish soooo

but yeah let's do whatever and then party at Paulie's.

I very much like the idea as both an experiment and a temporary solution. When things are normal. I would return to regular get togethers and still add monthly “live” video meets. It solves two problems and will get those people who are sick or to far away involved. It also caters to two type of personalities thus possibly increasing membership. Frankly I love the idea of doing both.

Having given this subject more thought I would like to add that not only do I feel adding Skype social events in addition to regular ones is a really good idea. I also feel we should whenever possible. Add skype meetings to regular ones. As in at the same time. This has the possibility of increasing attendance which is good for the entire club. It also effectively fixes a problem that I personally had to recently deal with that I am sure others have as well. The last meeting as many are aware I did everything possible I could do to assist and attend. However despite my best efforts I was extremely sick and ended up back in the hospital for a week. An option of a Skype meeting in addition to the actual get together had the potential to prevent my aggravation of my situation and allow my to enjoy the get together to a reasonable degree. I am confident I am not the only person who is either sick or injured, live far away from a particular event, or have other obligations like a child’s soccer game. Adding a one hour Skype meeting to a regular gathering has the potential to allow a person to be in two places at once should they so choose.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Having given this subject more thought I would like to add that not only do I feel adding Skype social events in addition to regular ones is a really good idea. I also feel we should whenever possible. Add skype meetings to regular ones. As in at the same time. This has the possibility of increasing attendance which is good for the entire club. It also effectively fixes a problem that I personally had to recently deal with that I am sure others have as well. The last meeting as many are aware I did everything possible I could do to assist and attend. However despite my best efforts I was extremely sick and ended up back in the hospital for a week. An option of a Skype meeting in addition to the actual get together had the potential to prevent my aggravation of my situation and allow my to enjoy the get together to a reasonable degree. I am confident I am not the only person who is either sick or injured, live far away from a particular event, or have other obligations like a child’s soccer game. Adding a one hour Skype meeting to a regular gathering has the potential to allow a person to be in two places at once should they so choose.
This is even a better idea.

The more this topic goes on and reading and understanding all the comments I am slowly tilting toward that way like I said my only objections were mine alone because I am I T challenged A dinosaur some might say but if I could learn how to create a reef tank that is sustained and thriving very well I’m sure I could figure out all this fancy Internet stuff

You are on the Skype side of it was just wondering do you have to wear clothes ha ha