• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Melanurus vs Yellow Coris Wrasse

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a Melanurus and it's great, but a bit manic. It's in a 75g with plenty of rock with algae and pods. It will swim up and down in a corner of the tank for minutes on end, then go back to picking at the rocks. I had a yellow coris in my 40 ( got chased out by a nasty damsel ) it was very active but I don't think this much

Mine is the same way. Absolute lunatic. It’s always been like that. I had a yellow corris that was more mellow until it went carpet surfing.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
my temyncki chases my yellow every once in a while. but then they calm down.

horseplay

NJRC Member
when the tank is too small for the fish, it swims up and down like a maniac. does not look natural. that's the reason I got rid of my leopard wrasse. I have a cleaner wrasse doing this also.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
when the tank is too small for the fish, it swims up and down like a maniac. does not look natural. that's the reason I got rid of my leopard wrasse. I have a cleaner wrasse doing this also.
That was my first thought. They are supposed to be fine in a 75g. It's not constant though, just off and on , I wonder if it's hormones lol, it's not full size or coloration ( a teen) I'd consider selling or trading it, but first I'd have to catch it, then I'd need to know I could get ( or trade ) for a Yellow coris

Last edited: