• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Member Benefits

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I think it's great that people can join without paying an annual fee and still have access to most of the benefits that the club offers. they can even make offers for thing for sale (I think) but can't PM- it's up to paid memebers to start a conversation- for most, all is good. I like when a paid member posts that paid members get priority, I think that us paid members should also post in our threads for sale 2 differnt prices- one for paid mambers and one for non members- it might encourage those to become paid members-JMHO

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I post fair price for all. If a member or someone I know well wants something I reduce the price, trade or give it to them.
Two prices I think well separate the members in the club and we are one big family.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I post fair price for all. If a member or someone I know well wants something I reduce the price, trade or give it to them.
Two prices I think well separate the members in the club and we are one big family.
I just think that with 2 prices it may encourage non paid members to cough up the $20 or so - I agree with the reduced/ free for paid members though- I love sharing- freebie plants coming

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I know a person that would not pay to join to sell their stuff eventhough they could have easily made up the cost of joining by building it into the price.

I like the 2 price system, its an incentive and not a penalty. How many non members only use the site for purchases? For them they have to ask "is it worth it to pay the $1,66 per month to save much more on purchases?"

Do you honestly think they would not come to.the site anymore? Besides i see the some sales here are also offered on reef 2 reef. It goes both ways.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
hello
having two prices for sale items is not a good idea. the sale price is same for everyone.
I think having two prices is just going to confuse things.
I don't think we ned to focus on the few people that don't want to pay.
if you can't pay $15 a year this is not the club for you.

In my opinion everyone should be able to sell and buy no extra charge.
you can put a limit on how much they post.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I don’t think It’s about affording the membership. I think it’s more of. Why would I pay for something I can get for free.

If we change the value proposition it may drive

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I don't see any confusion in saying

For sale Bounce Mushrooms in west bumble Blah Blah, 3 available

$20 for NJRC members all others $25.

I think the only person who might have a problem with this is someone who is looking to make a quick sale and doesn't want to limit their prospects.

Maybe the alternative is for sellers to kick in a percentage to NJRC(5% to NJRC) I wouldn't have a problem doing that.

Excuse me while I go put on my asbestos underwear and flack jacket.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
$20 for NJRC members all others $25.
I think you can do this if you want right now.
Maybe the alternative is for sellers to kick in a percentage to NJRC(5% to NJRC) I wouldn't have a problem doing that.
I don't think this is a good idea.People selling high $ stuff will go some were else to sell.

Maybe there should be two for sale forums. The one we now have and set up one for members only.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The price should be the price for everyone. Member - non members the same.

You already have shady coral sellers that don’t put the price on corals.
They put “ask” when I see this I don’t buy from this vendor.

I already know this person is going to give different prices for different customers and that’s not fair. So I never buy from people that don’t post the price of things.

Last edited:

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So shady coral sellers, sell on this site? Are they members? Can non-members sell on this site? Aren't there rules in place that state a price must be posted?

What does this have to.do with a stated prices? One for members and one for non-members?

I'm not saying something is right or wrong, but a healthy conversation will help people make an educated decision.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
So shady coral sellers, sell on this site? Are they members? Can non-members sell on this site? Aren't there rules in place that state a price must be posted?

What does this have to.do with a stated prices? One for members and one for non-members?

I'm not saying something is right or wrong, but a healthy conversation will help people make an educated decision.
You are correct. If the mods notice any of the following is missing they notify the seller. If they don't acknowledge we pull the post.

Price, pic and location

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member

I am calling store / garage sellers/ show & expo sellers that don’t put a price on coral don’t get my business

I post the same post in multiple sites. I cut and paste the same post.
this would have me make changes to my post to have two prices one for members and one for non memebers .

if I sellling 10 things I have to make changes to 10 items lol that’s sucks.
Keep it simple in my opinion

malulu

NJRC Member
I think it's great that people can join without paying an annual fee and still have access to most of the benefits that the club offers. they can even make offers for thing for sale (I think) but can't PM- it's up to paid memebers to start a conversation- for most, all is good. I like when a paid member posts that paid members get priority, I think that us paid members should also post in our threads for sale 2 differnt prices- one for paid mambers and one for non members- it might encourage those to become paid members-JMHO

Hi - Team,
i think my paid member was removed? how do we reach out to BOD or moderator, if we are not able to do PM?
can someone PM me, so i can follow up with the needful? thanks:)
  • Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Try now. Just shoot me a proof of your payment on pm and we are good

malulu

NJRC Member
Try now. Just shoot me a proof of your payment on pm and we are good
got it, just PM you the proof.

note:
I was using Chrome Browser, and i clicked [Accept and Subscribe] button on Paypal site, the screen just flash and did nothing... I clicked few more times, same problem.
Then i switched to Safari Browser, and it is working as expected.

thanks again.