• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Membership assistance please

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I used to be more involved in NJ Reefers but drifted away as life and responsibilities required more of my time. From the time I initially joined I've set up an automatic payment system for annual dues, whether I participated or not because I believe in what this organization does. With that said I noticed the following on the the forum header
  • Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.
I made an automatic payment last May and I am due to make another. I just wonder how are dues being accounted for? I paid dues, it doesn't reflect on my account, nor am I notified of any deficiencies. I was not aware the dues went up.

In the past we had a membership committee, I wrote a form letter reminding people its time to reup their membership which was sent to them. I would put monthly list up on administrative forums so the board had a heads up where we stood on membership.

Be on the lookout for 2 payments on paypal for my dues.

Reactions: DEL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I used to be more involved in NJ Reefers but drifted away as life and responsibilities required more of my time. From the time I initially joined I've set up an automatic payment system for annual dues, whether I participated or not because I believe in what this organization does. With that said I noticed the following on the the forum header
I made an automatic payment last May and I am due to make another. I just wonder how are dues being accounted for? I paid dues, it doesn't reflect on my account, nor am I notified of any deficiencies. I was not aware the dues went up.

In the past we had a membership committee, I wrote a form letter reminding people its time to reup their membership which was sent to them. I would put monthly list up on administrative forums so the board had a heads up where we stood on membership.

Be on the lookout for 2 payments on paypal for my dues.
Will check on it. Thank you.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Just catching this. What’s going

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The PayPal auto pay. Is a software issue between xenforo and PayPal. I have Kevin looking into it now.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
But as you guys know Kevin isn’t free so trying to fix what we can with the limited budget. But hopefully he.m can find a solution

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Had to fix the spam issue first. Now that we have a lot more time back from cleaning cbd ads we can start working on the experience