• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mike in Parsippany

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I just checked his listing on craigslist and it says he has rock flower anemones. Has anyone bought from him recently? Wondering about his prices - I'm also thinking about some softies

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I purchased corals from mike. When I 1st started in this hobby. He has all the basic corals.
Becareful the most expensive thing in this hobby
Can be cheap corals.
Spending $10 on a frag and then needing to spend
$$$ on treatment.

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I bought from him about a year ago and had no issues with anything I bought- but it was for 10-20 dollar frags- his DT reminds me of yours

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I purchased corals from mike. When I 1st started in this hobby. He has all the basic corals.
Becareful the most expensive thing in this hobby
Can be cheap corals.
Spending $10 on a frag and then needing to spend
$$$ on treatment.
Couldn't that be said about buying from anyone/ business? Aptasia or Vermetid snails as hitchhikers from a store I won't name. One would think that the longer one is in the hobby/ business the better they get at it and work out/ eliminate any issues they have with their tanks/ system
His listing states that he has a large inventory- not just the basics- I found that as well comparing what he had at the time to LFS - I was just looking for starter/ inexpensive

Last edited:
I just checked his listing on craigslist and it says he has rock flower anemones. Has anyone bought from him recently? Wondering about his prices - I'm also thinking about some softies
Hey DYIguy, I’ve been buying from Mike for years now! He’s a great guy and his prices are great! He converted his garage into a cool 5 system set up. A lot of what I have in my tanks is from him.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hey DYIguy, I’ve been buying from Mike for years now! He’s a great guy and his prices are great! He converted his garage into a cool 5 system set up. A lot of what I have in my tanks is from him.
I'm a newbie, so his garage is all I saw- impressive, I think the backside of his DT tank is in the garage

DYIguy

NJRC Member
The thing about Mike is that he's Old School- doesn't text - just for directions- would rather talk on the phone, and you have to make an appointment- don't know why he doesn't join this group- he be a great asset

The thing about Mike is that he's Old School- doesn't text - just for directions- would rather talk on the phone, and you have to make an appointment- don't know why he doesn't join this group- he be a great asset
He’s usually around on Sat. Or Sun. I usually text him the night before to make sure he’s going to be around.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
He’s usually around on Sat. Or Sun. I usually text him the night before to make sure he’s going to be around.
What I meant is that you can't just show up any time you want- he's around a lot during the week- just never before noon- before lights on- he's good for texts about appointments- just only wants to talk shop on the phone

Last edited: