• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mini mangrove lagoon drop off (pico 5gal)

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
So I tried to cut the glass using a drill bit but that did not work so I had a tile cutter laying around and I used that and worked perfectly.
IMG_9241.jpeg
After cutting the glass I was able to glue it with aquarium silicon to prep for the sand.
IMG_9243.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9241.jpeg
    IMG_9241.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
This is awesome. Love the idea but will the glass shelf hold the weight and pressure of the sand over time? As the mangroves grow they will take up more sand room and push against the the glass or am I over thinking this?

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
This is awesome. Love the idea but will the glass shelf hold the weight and pressure of the sand over time? As the mangroves grow they will take up more sand room and push against the the glass or am I over thinking this?
One of my worries yes I may even reinforce with more silicon just incase on that one side

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
So after a little while I put in a neon Kenya I believe that’s it or nepthea but I’m going to say kenya

also picked up a tailspot blenny

IMG_9317.jpeg
IMG_9322.jpeg
This little guy started to get more active today and eat up some algae on the walls

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
Little hiccup today almost shut the tank down but kept moving and worked slowly and fixed the issue.. My child decided to put a handful of plant soil in the tank dirt was everywhere but quick thinking made it better I grabbed a fish net scooped most of it out hooked up my 20gal hob filter got most of it out will do a full siphon tomorrow with a 2 gal water change and run some carbon

IMG_9347.jpeg
IMG_9346.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9346.jpeg
    IMG_9346.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1