• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moisture

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Besides running a dehumidifier in your fish room, what other methods is being used to deal with moisture. I am finding the dehumidifier inadequate.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
First off, the summer months are not an issue in our house. It's when the outside temperature drops below, say 40. What happens is that I start to get condensation on my windows. I've learned to live with this. The one issue I do have on very cold days is the coldest room in the house.....second floor bedroom....with plaster walls that get cold, I was actually getting condensation on the walls, with it eventually running down the walls. This room has the dehumidifier in the winter months only. Otherwise, I live with it.

I moved to a bigger dehumidifier. I use one made by a company called Santa Fe I like this one since the heat output is less then the normal appliance store versions so is great in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk