• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

monti eating nudibranch

hey everyone. I just recently discovered that I have Monti eating nudis in my tank. I took all Monti out dipped them in tropic marin pro cure and took a tooth brush and scrubbed all my frags. Don't know where they came from. But I have done this process twice in the last week. does anyone know of fish or inverts that may help keep this animal in check. please help. I have a 75 gal acro reef setup. lots of inverts. PLEASE HELP...

thanks in advance.... Mark

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I have heard that dragon face pipefish eat both red bugs and nudi.The 2 pipes I have are constantly cleaning the sps in my system.
HTH

thanks guys for the advice. I was always under the impression that pipe fish extremely hard to keep alive so I always stayed away from them.

mgonz said:
thanks guys for the advice. I was always under the impression that pipe fish extremely hard to keep alive so I always stayed away from them.
If I would place a bet, it will be on you to keep them alive. ;)

hey Danny. figured out is was you instantly. where can you get pipe fish at? I picked up a cleaner wrasse and a banana wrasse from OG2. BTW the dendro seems to be doing good. we will see. I cleaned the back glass, you were right the black background makes all the colors really pop. thanks for all the advice. hope all is well. say hello to the family.