• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

More Fish

Any suggestions on colorful, reef safe fish, that don't swim a lot, don't get larger than 2 inches, don't jump, and can be placed with a hippo tang, yellow tang, flame angel and 2 chromis ;D ;D

thanks guys/gals ;)

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Well, with a hawk you have a 50/50 chance that all those crusty's would depart. My hawk is one eating mother, and he's just a lil falco hawk. He tried to eat my chromis, and they're the same size as he is.

I've had very good luck with the longnose hawks. They leave my snails, hermits and most importantly shrimps alone.

Carlo

cardinals, banggai, flame and pajama. available in any petco for 15$. banggai might not be colorful, but is definitively attractive fish.

madarin and clown gobies, grow to 3-4" but they still "look" small, specially compared to tangs. they do best in tanks with lots of live pods.

if you have deep sand bed, then there are plenty of small gobies that are very colorful.

basslets (royal gramma, swiss, black cap) tend to go to 3" but they you will probably be able to find the smaller specimens.

if you have 220$ to spare you might consider this wrasse :) http://www.marinedepotlive.com/lifawrcili.html

colorful, isn't it ;D

I've got 2 clown gobies that I barely ever see, very small, cheap though, think I got them for like $8 each

you could also go with just about any kind of blenny, I've got a bi-color and he pretty much stays in a hole of a piece of lr, pops out to eat and swims back in

FRANCES look into gettting a maderin there colorfull peacefull and the little guy would like it lol you could always put it into HIS tank by the way his tanks is looking good