• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moving fish around

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I found out that my tailspot blenny has a taste for blood- killed a springer damsel I added to the tank- am going to move it to the 40b- plan on just having Springer damsels in the 13g- I'll probably also move the firefish as well, since I'll most likely have to take most/all the rock out of the tank to do it. My question is how will the tank mates in the 40b take it- should I do anything to make it 'easy' or not fatal for anyone- the 40b has an adult striped blenny, 2 chromis, a pink damsel and a rainford goby ( I'm sure it won't be a problem )-- it's the blenny and Chromis that has my concern

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I know you all are dying to know how things are progressing lol :cool: I added the tailspot to the other end of the tank( 40b) from the striped blenny's cubby, it and the chromis totally ignored it- the pink damsel ( low man on the pole ) did harass it for the first day and all the cubbies at that end were too small- was bit bit freaked the first night- has taken up residence under the wave maker and has taken the rainford as a buddy and the pink damsel now keeps a distance- you can all go to bed and rest easy tonight- PS I wanted to move the firefish as well, but even after taking all the rock out of the 13gal- I couldn't find it- so it stays along wit 3 Springer damsels who are figuring out whos' the boss

DYIguy

NJRC Member
The tailspot and pink damsel have worked things out lol- added a second rainford goby- they found each other, the new one was acting crazy for a day- attacking the glass , now it has settled in, eating and set up residence outside the watchman's cubby

DYIguy

NJRC Member
The tailspot is getting along fine with the striped blenny, 2 chromis, pink damsel and rianford goby- I added a second rainford and so far the first chases the new guy for a bit each day, but otherwise leaves it alone in the 40b- I moved the tailspot from the 13g so I could add Springer damsels and yellow clown gobies- there was one Springer in it and I added 2- not supposed to be aggressive and get along- not so much the original harassed the other 2 continually and one disappeared for a couple of days- thought it had jumped out- finally came out of hiding and has a piece of it's tail gone- moved that one to the 40b- has been swimming on top and in a corner for days- not sure how it will do- the 2 clown gobies are so cute- don't eat anything I feed them, but think they're getting enough from the pods in the tank for now