• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

moving soon, what do i do

im moving into a new house, i currently have my set up for sale so i dont have to move it, but if it doesnt sell, should i set up a new tank and transfer or should i move it all and hope for the best, i was thinking about moving up to a 265 or a 300 anyway

if you have the money upgrade but it would be possible if not a long move to package everything in totes with heaters and powerheads along with a inverter to move it all. set the tank back up and refill. what size tank you have now?

its a 175, its not a far move and i dont want to lose anything, i wanted to upgrde anyway so this will be my excuse, i can sell the equipment for almost what im asking anyway so i might as well just upgrade

sounds like a plan then. I would get the new tank setup soon as possible so you can work out any bugs and have a smooth transfer. post up if you need help there's people here that would love to lend a hand including me if i'm available

When I moved my 29 gal, i set up a large igloo cooler in the new apt with powerheads and a heater and transported everthing in 5 gal buckets to the temporary quarters.
The main thing to watch is that the water will chill pretty fast this time of year so the transport has to be fast, no stops at Burger King! Once all of the Stock/rock are in the cooler you should have plenty of time to set the new tank up. As long as the LR is kept in water there should not be a cycle.
GregH

i dont think Id move another tank again took me a whole day to move and set up my 29g I hope you the best that your tank sells that can be a real headache