• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mushroom won't expand

I am wondering why it doesn't expand like it does before. Ever since I got my 6 bulb T5 light fixture (1 Geisman pure actinic, 1 uvl 75/25, 1 uvl aquasun, 1 geisman actinic plus and 2 current use stock blue) it hasn't expand or grow. It's shrivel up against the rock. It's on the sand bed right now and just like before, farthest away from light as possible. I like how it look before and want to get it to look that way. Everything else is looking nice and growing, hammer, frogspawn, candy cane, acan, xenia,green star polyp, zoas and polys.

Sorry to hijack but i have a quick question about my shroom not expanding...
Didnt upgrade lights, and its only 1/ the 5 on the rock.

the mushroom isnt extending the tentacles like the other ones do and is about 1/3 of the size it used to be about 2 days ago. all levels are fine, but around the mouth it appears to have curly, balled up white string that looks to be the same as the mouth itself.

any clues? (again its only 1/5 the other 4 are perfect fine and happy)

Sorry again to hijack

T

Toeknee

Sometimes mine would open huge, and other days not so much. But they are open more then they aren't.
Same light etc, I know whenever I do a water change they come out huge the next day.

Xavier613 said:
Sorry to hijack but i have a quick question about my shroom not expanding...
Didnt upgrade lights, and its only 1/ the 5 on the rock.

the mushroom isnt extending the tentacles like the other ones do and is about 1/3 of the size it used to be about 2 days ago. all levels are fine, but around the mouth it appears to have curly, balled up white string that looks to be the same as the mouth itself.

any clues? (again its only 1/5 the other 4 are perfect fine and happy)

Sorry again to hijack

this one may be starting to split.

vincent6396 said:
I am wondering why it doesn't expand like it does before. Ever since I got my 6 bulb T5 light fixture (1 Geisman pure actinic, 1 uvl 75/25, 1 uvl aquasun, 1 geisman actinic plus and 2 current use stock blue) it hasn't expand or grow. It's shrivel up against the rock. It's on the sand bed right now and just like before, farthest away from light as possible. I like how it look before and want to get it to look that way. Everything else is looking nice and growing, hammer, frogspawn, candy cane, acan, xenia,green star polyp, zoas and polys.

corals that are always expanded is not a sign that the coral is doing good. usually expanded shrooms are seeking more light. it may be that it is just back to the size that its intended to be under the correct light.

The shrooms still won't expand under the light but if I move them under the rocks where it's dark they expand ???, funny shrooms. Anyone up for mushroom cheesesteak? ;)