• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 10 gal IM

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
this from about June of last year when I was first setting this thing up...nothing fancy going on...just a kessil a150 skyblue light, the 3 media chamber stock basket, about 10-15lbs dry rock (give or take) and about 2-5lbs (give or take) or Dry sand, stock IM pump and nozzle.10g2.jpg 10g 1.jpg

I also forgot to mention that I tossed in some live rubble rock in the back chamber and I also filled the tank with the water from my other matured tank to help the cycling process. I am also running purigen and chemi-pure blue (2x nano pks) in the rear chamber

Last edited:

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Looks nice, I like the cover. We have been very happy with the kessil light.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
This is around late September when I decided that after the "checks n balances" were done it was time to stock the tank. I basically pulled a few things from my larger tank and moved them into their new home. I had this BTA that I wanted to move so I tossed him in there along with a clown I got at sea level for $10. I also installed the hydor deflector to give me random flow in the tank.IMG_20150920_223928.jpg IMG_20150920_224020.jpg

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
around late October, I decided that I wanted to change the lighting on the tank, so I switched out the a150 skyblue to the a150 deep ocean blue. I also added a few more pieces to this tank from my other. At this point I decided to run the IM filter sock (I have 4) which I change out weekly along with the purigen and chemi-pure blue

1447298981609.jpg 1447298981609.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
some of the pix are not in order ( I just realized) as I am having trouble with getting my photos from my gmail

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
here is another later FTS...in this I moved some pieces around and added some other pieces
8.jpg 9.jpg

this is around Nov of last year

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I tired to lighten up the shots but this is the best I could get with the camera that I have (tablet) this is in December of last year 11.jpg 12.jpg

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
here are some recent picture I took in Jan/Feb of this year (these were done with a cell phone so please excuse the glare)

13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

and that's about it....thanx guys ....any comment/advice are greatly appreciated

Just got an IM10 yesterday. Gonna stock the basket w purigen and chemi pure. Im also gonna buy premixed Natures Nutri Seawater. Never done this before, but with a 10g shouldnt be a problem. I also have a AI Nano light with a controller. Any advice on setting this lil guy up?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Having an ato is key given the small water volume. Or, you can mark a water line on your tank so you can refill manually if you have to.

Looking back a skimmer helps a lot, I would run a skimmer (like the IM ghost) with a filter sock and just ditch the purigen

Having an ato is key given the small water volume. Or, you can mark a water line on your tank so you can refill manually if you have to.

Looking back a skimmer helps a lot, I would run a skimmer (like the IM ghost) with a filter sock and just ditch the purigen
Thank you. Gonna start keepin an eye out for a skimmer.