• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 120g Upgrade

Went from 33g to this.

Built the stand
Bought 120g Oceanic used
Octopus skimmer
Outer orbit Light

Still expensive, even if you do things yourself and buy used equipment.

That stand is amazing...... How did you do the lines. I might have to hire you to build one for my 180. OH, nice tank by the way.

Thanks!!

The lines in it are a walnut inlay that I grooved into the wood, then cut strips of walnut and glued them in.
It is 100% solid oak that I hand picked at the hardwood dealer. Im still working on the hood, will post pics when Its done. Im still adding stuff to the tank, the pic was when I first set it up about a month ago..

Sometimes when I see the care and craftmanship in the stands I start to think that this should be "Tale of the stand" instead of the tank. ;)

Your 120 looks great. Better than mine...(it's empty...awaiting tax refund day...lol).

The stand is really sweet...scary that you have to put water on top of it. Beats the crap out of anything you can buy that is for sure.

I love 120 builds!

That stand is a work of art! I am pretty embarassed by my stand :-[

Over 18 months and the skin pieces are still leaning against the front of the stand ::)