• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 180 for possible trade

Im doing some serious thinking on downsizing my tank. heres what i have and what im looking for
180 gal rr with dursos,oak cabinet, canopy
the cabinet needs a new bottom due to warping from water spillage. a 2 by 6 piece of ply is all thats needed
canopy has 2 t5 and led tube
coralife mh cpact led fixture 150 watt. brand new mh 20k bulbs,3 compacts are due for replacement soon one is new.

4 tangs. powder brown, orange shoulder, hippo,yellow and a flame angel
not sure how much but some live rock. i would cook it due to some aptasia unless you dont care.
what im looking for is this

3 by 3 cube with lights that are comprable to that tank size. or a 120 wide with lights. Or something in that area. Even the right frag tank that could be a shallow tank.

so if someone is interested the bummer end would be this- i have a little girl and am getting into my busy season with work. so, it would be really hard for me to deliver. second, breaking down my tank is alot for me to handle right now so i would need help and advice. i do have some other fish and possibly corals and a cskim 1800,pumps....but that stuff depends on how everything works out. ill be honest, im beat and overwhelmed with life and my tank is just too much and i just need a hand through this so ill do everything i can to make it more than worth it.

Last edited:
I also have a nice 24 gal rr cube tied in that can go with.
458d0d87-ef96-d1e8.jpg

458d0d87-efe0-67be.jpg

458d0d87-f036-596b.jpg

End cabinet has door

Twisteds 180 Reef

Wow bud sorry to read this thread,I can imagine how ya feel.taking down tanks is heart wrenching.Hope ya can downsize and still stay in the hobby.GLWTS

Wow bud sorry to read this thread,I can imagine how ya feel.taking down tanks is heart wrenching.Hope ya can downsize and still stay in the hobby.GLWTS

No way I'll quit. I just need to go back to smaller. I'm open to other tnk options also. This is a great deal for someone wanting to upsize. I'm fine with cutting my losses so......

Twisteds 180 Reef

Got things figured out and will be doing a 40 breeder so tank canopy light stand and most of the fish and corals will be for sale or what id prefer is a cool little sps frag or a couple polys of something nice. Couple rbta, big gsp rocks, flavors of shreoms,And some zoas and palays, I'll also have a massive cuc available. From ceriths, collumbelled, nerite, and nasarrius snails. Blue leg hermits and a serpent star. Fish will be
11" engineer goby, pair of anthias, flame angel, 6 chromis, bicolor blenny,sixline, pair of true percs, false perc, maroon clown
I should have about 100 lbs of lr left over too. Many of the rocks have a few polyps of either fire and ice, radioactives, watermelons and a few darth mauls
I'd like cooridnate of more than one person is interested so that I can time the tank breakdown around pickups.

Twisteds 180 Reef

Got things figured out and will be doing a 40 breeder so tank canopy light stand and most of the fish and corals will be for sale or what id prefer is a cool little sps frag or a couple polys of something nice. Couple rbta, big gsp rocks, flavors of shreoms,And some zoas and palays, I'll also have a massive cuc available. From ceriths, collumbelled, nerite, and nasarrius snails. Blue leg hermits and a serpent star. Fish will be
11" engineer goby, pair of anthias, flame angel, 6 chromis, bicolor blenny,sixline, pair of true percs, false perc, maroon clown
I should have about 100 lbs of lr left over too. Many of the rocks have a few polyps of either fire and ice, radioactives, watermelons and a few darth mauls
I'd like cooridnate of more than one person is interested so that I can time the tank breakdown around pickups.

Twisteds 180 Reef
Sounds like a plan Len. Gimme a call when ya get a chance.

Twisted, I have a friend in PA (obviously not on NJ reefers) that's looking to go bigger. I don't know if she and her husband want to add another tank, or trade up, sell, buy, whatever. she asked me the other day if I knew anyone selling a 150 or bigger. If you're interested and don't mind, I can have her contact you. You can PM me an email address if you are interested. Thanks.