• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 28 Gallon JBJ Build..

Heres some pics of my JBJ. I bought it off of someone, the tank was running for a few months. i brought it home, set it up, waited a few days then added my zoas from my hex tank. Let me know what you think.

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

oh i forgot to add something. I bought these guys from Ocean Gallery in North Plainfield. Im gona pick em up this weekend. cant wait!

clowns007.jpg

stock hood. 150 watt HQI. thanks for the comments! I bought the nano-tumers actinic upgrade, going to install that next weekend..

hey thanks for the comment. i am going today to see if i can grab some chaeto. ill take some pics and let you what they got! they are on another forum, and on that forum they said the only picasoo clown pair they had was the one i bought..

updated pics!

unfortunately, one of the picassos didnt make it..i got credit back towards another picasso when it comes in, Ocean Gallery II is a great place guys def make that trip. they are all really friendly over there. I got the actinic tuners upgrade, but i never took a picture of it..i will do that later tonight after i am done studying for finals..the clownthat didnt make it was the bigger one, who had a nicer pattern. what really ticked me off was as i was removing it from the tank, it slipped from my hands and straight into the anemone lol nem had a nice dinner! the remaining picasso is doing great, he loves swimming around his armor of gods frag, that he hosts, over the gbta.. what i think is amazing is that the frag doesnt seem to be bothered by him putting his face inside their bodies. they do not even close up when he brushes up against the polyp. nature is amazing. oh also i have a pistol shrimp in there somewhere, hard to get a nice pic of the little bugger. let me know what you think!

clownsinzoas.jpg
LOL!!

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Looking great, love the zoa variety! If that is bryposis (sp?) and it looks like it is, GET IT OUT NOW!!! If you have a QT put it in there until you have a solution, otherwise see if you can find someone who understands what it is and wants the risk, or break it up and frag the zoas off... you don't want that in your tank! I some how got it in my 70g, it has been a nightmare getting rid of it. FINALLY I'm winning, my big solution has been lettuce nudi's though I also changed flow, changed things in my refug, new cheato, more phosban in my reactor, changed salt mix, etc.

You also want to "feed" those aiptasias before they sting your zoas and multiply.

pull the frag immediately is what I'm saying, if you have a separate tank you could try increasing magnesium which some people say works, you could try getting a lettuce nudi, what I would do would be just frag the frag (ie get the zoas, or as many as you can, off the rock and glue them onto a new rock... make sure you don't get any of the algae with them) do a search on reefcentral for bryopsis and you'll see that stuff is the devil. You're better off losing the frag in my opinion then trying to keep it in there and get rid of the algae! Don't pull it off in the tank, that's what I did and it spread EVERYWHERE, you couldn't even see my zoas under it!

For the aiptasia, I don't know specific recipes but you can google it (or search here or on RC) I think people use kalk, lemon juice, or there are commercially made things you can try. If it's only a few sometimes you can superglue or putty over the top of them.. they also can spread quickly.

Peppermint shrimp will get rid of the aiptasia if you want a natural way.

The bryopsis....listen to Candi it is a pain in the butt. Find a way to get rid of it. If you scrape it off it will float around and re-attatch so be careful.