• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MY 40G TANK

i just got to add a couple more rock around the tank and created more cave... this how it looking so far.....

PB180034.jpg

my filter is marineland multistage canister filter c-220 for 55gallon... and brong my salt down to 1.23ph whoever ask... thanks for supports on the progress of my tank... ;D :D ;)

Good job on the salt. If I can make a suggestion. I think you are going to want more structure in your tank. By that I mean rock. If you want to go cheaper you can even add base rock ... rock that does not have bacteria. Since you have some live rock now it will seed the base rock.
Or best find someone on this board or the other local board that has live rock for sale. It is going to be cheaper and more stuff(hopefully good stuff).

Why do you want more structure? Well first because the more live rock you have the more good bacteria you have so you will be able to break down the fish waste. Second when you want to get corals you will be able to manipulate where in relation to the lights they are. :) In smaller tanks...and I am only guessing because you have not told us the kind of lights you have yet, (PLEASE TELL US) that you do not have really strong lights...you will need to place some corals closer to the lights. Light is filtered by the water so the closer you can get a coral to the light the more light the coral gets.

This will let you have different corals. Since your tank is pretty tall you will need to get some height.

There are more people here that can give you tremendous advice. I am pretty new too so this is really basic thoughts. Everyone here is super nice and they will help you succeed. But give them more information. Lighting, water parameters, desires ect.

krylon said:
...but im getting a green or blueish aquarium fish light soon...

What kind of light is that? If I understand you correctly, you plan to keep corals, in which case the type, quality and quantity of light is of utmost importance. Please research carefully and familiarize yourself with type of lights available (PC, T5, MH, etc) and light needs of individual corals BEFORE you buy anything.

dont t5 and those other light come in different colors, i see them in aquarium store, but for the corals i dont think imma do that till next year... im just gonna study more n learn more as i progress my tank with rock, fishes, and crabs.... do anyone know where they sell hermit crabs, im just trying to buy like 3-5.... cant find none.... i just got 1 emerald green crab, and 3 snail to maintain my tank.....

krylon said:
dont t5 and those other light come in different colors, i see them in aquarium store, but for the corals i dont think imma do that till next year... im just gonna study more n learn more as i progress my tank with rock, fishes, and crabs.... do anyone know where they sell hermit crabs, im just trying to buy like 3-5.... cant find none.... i just got 1 emerald green crab, and 3 snail to maintain my tank.....

The only colors I know about are Actinicts and white. I would check some of our sponsors for the snails. Where are you located?

jazzsam i just need hermit crabs, im good with the 3 snail on the tank... if you find who selling assorted hermit crabs locally around newark, nj or on rt46, rt22, or rt280 area it will be good....

jazzsam said:
krylon said:

The only colors I know about are Actinicts and white. I would check some of our sponsors for the snails. Where are you located?

You can get both the whites and Actinics in different Kelvin for different color spectrums.