• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

my aquahub Float switch overflew !

It worked fine for few weeks, and one day I get home and my tank full of water, meaning way over the everage level. Thank God my reserv. tank is small enough so if its dumps all water in the tank, it wont spill out the tank.

Im trying to understand what was the problem. One thing I see is that there are bubles collecting under the snail guard, and the same but less under the float itself. Could it be it? Its basically the micro bubles that are slowly collecting there.

I also have one of those Grasslin digital timers, thats set for 1 minute every 4 hours but it has its own issue. it resets sometimes, im not sure why, or maybe I did something wrong. I dont know, still trying to figure this out.

So guys, what do you think? What should I do?

When I was buying my float switches, manufacturer himself was warning about possible freeze of switch in closed state (permanent magnetization of contact strips), so I have bought 2 of them and connected them serial (logical AND ;D) so now I have greater reliability. Just for fun, I have also created a simple circuit that can tell me the state of each of the floats so that I can monitor their health.

Bubbles would lift the floats, wouldn't they? That would mean that the float would STOP sending low water level signal and the pump should stop sooner and not overflow, right?

Now, since most of these small float switches that I have seen on the market are based on a sliding magnet, what happens is that the components that are pulled by magnets, get permanently magnetized and get stuck in the closed position, which would trigger constant pumping and overflow.

Are you saying your floats activate the timer and not a relay switch? Then, assuming that float switches are not at fault (not permanently magnetized) then i would look at your timer.

no, its not how it happend, sorry for confusion.

timer issue is a different issue.

the float worked fine for few weeks at first, then i decided to add the timer for safety from overfloating.
the timer got reset, so float wasnt working at all, because timer was basically off, i set the time on it again, set all the on/off timers, it for some reason got reset again, so i took it off to play with it later.

set the float again without the timer, and 2 days later it overflew.